Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't save SHSH for 3gs 3.1.3

Default Can't save SHSH for 3gs 3.1.3
    I have a 3gs which is jailbroken with spirit and unlocked by ultrasnow. When I lunch Cydia it shows on the top "This device has SHSHs on file for iphone os: 4.0". I was trying to save the SHSH for 3.1.3 with umbrella-4.00.49 but I get this message "This device isn't eligible for the requested build." But if I select IOS 4 from the drop down menu I can save it. By the way I have new bootrom. What I am trying to do is upgrade this to custom IOS 4. But what I am worried about is, if something goes wrong I can downgrade this to 3.1.3. In order to downgrade to 3.1.3 I must have SHSH for 3.1.3. IS there any other way I can save SHSH for 3.1.3 ?

Thanks

Apple is no longer signing 3.1.3. If you don't have 3.1.3 blobs saved already then it won't be possible to save them now.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Your only choice, file a class-action lawsuit against Apple for not being able to restore your device to the original shipped version -- AND -- requiring an internet connect to do ANY restore! We can restore to factory shipped version for every other electronic device we own, but not the iDevices. There is no reason it should be this way --except-- its Apples way to prevent jailbreaking / unlocking. It should be out-law'd.

My love/hate Apple relationship continues

Side note/question ......
    If (or when) a tethered jb occurs .... I wonder if it also removes the signing requirements? I've never see this tid-bit discussed on Twitter, but if the boot-rom is being changed, this could be changed too .
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-07-11 at 05:32 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Cydia didn't save my 4.0? What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Cydia didn't save my 4.0? What gives?
    I don't think Cydia's saving them yet, but you can use TinyUmbrella to save them locally

6. The Following User Says Thank You to seanG For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-07-11)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm downloading it now.