Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with my Iphone 3GS OS4.0

Thanks
    Default Help with my Iphone 3GS OS4.0
    hi guys, im here because i have an iphone 3GS 32GBS, it was with the 3.1.2 OS, but my brother accidentaly updated it to OS 3.1.3, i was long ago i had to wait for the Spěrit released to jailbreak it but something happened to my iphone, i cannot activate it i used the same simcard from ATT but when i connect it to itunes it says the simcard is not correct, i tried lot of diferent simcards but i cannot activate it so i decided to update it to Os 4.0 but is the same, now i cannot use my iphone, i tried to downgrade it but i failed,, please help me..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chinio007 View Post
    hi guys, im here because i have an iphone 3GS 32GBS, it was with the 3.1.2 OS, but my brother accidentaly updated it to OS 3.1.3, i was long ago i had to wait for the Spěrit released to jailbreak it but something happened to my iphone, i cannot activate it i used the same simcard from ATT but when i connect it to itunes it says the simcard is not correct, i tried lot of diferent simcards but i cannot activate it so i decided to update it to Os 4.0 but is the same, now i cannot use my iphone, i tried to downgrade it but i failed,, please help me..
    The only way to downgrade if you have either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 shsh blogs saved by Cydia. If you have it, you have to edit your hosts file to point to Cydia, only then you are allowed to downgrade.
    If you don't have shsh file, sorry you are out of luck, wait for new jailbreak at iOS 4.0.
    You can read more about how to edit your hosts file from here :
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html
    Eventhough the example is for 3.0 or 3.0.1, it will be the same procedure to do it before you can do your downgrading.

Give me call 787 486-6917

What method jailbreak did u use for 3.1.2
    Last edited by estesi; 2010-07-14 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost