Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: for those who successfully downgraded to 3.1.3 on 3gs

Default for those who successfully downgraded to 3.1.3 on 3gs
    ok anyone who successfully downgraded from IOS4 to 3.1.3 not 3.1.2 on 3GS not 3G with newer bootrom. Please pm me which firmware did you use and which Itunes version did you downgrade it with. And whether if you used TinyUmbrella program to downgrade with. List your step by step process if possible. I'm getting all kinds of errors from 1600 to 2004 to 3014. I'm about to give up. Yes, I did have my blob saved on Saurik server in Cydia. Yet, I couldn't downgrade somehow. I have exhausted all the efforts and ways that I know of to get this thing downgraded. If you have a better idea then please pm me. Thanks a mill

silkshocker

I managed to successfully downgrade to 3.1.2, I know you're looking for 3.1.3 but I hope this help

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...missing-2.html

I made a detailed step by step instruction (which I believe will work on 3.1.3 as well - if you had the SHSHs blob for 3.1.3 saved in Cydia). It's Post #16.

I know the feeling of being so frustrated. I was in the same boat.

I FINALLY DID IT!!!! After 3 days of reading and googling and going from one website to another. I finally got my 3.1.3 back. Too tired now to do a write up. A little background from me. I own a 3gs with the newer bootrom. Upgraded from 3.1.3 to the new IOS4. The baseband was also updated from 5.12.01. I don't care as long as I am back to 3.1.3. I will do a write up later.

Default 3.1.3
    Pls write how did u manage to downgrade ur 3GS IOS 4 new bootrom to 3.1.3...even i am stuck n i want my phone bak...pls..

ok, in order for this to work you must have the same specs as my iphone, otherwise, it will not work. Also, if you have your SHSH saved on tiny umbrella then my instructions will not work for you. You must save your SHSH on Cydia and use the following command in the 'host' file.74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com this is the command that you must put at the end of the 'host' file. IF you don't know what the host file is then look it up before going further. Also, do not run tinyumbrella or it will mess up everything. I used Itunes 9.2 by the way. ok here it goes. sTEP 1: Put your phone in DFU mode, I used this handy website to do it, How to put your iPhone / iPod Touch into DFU mode - Pocketables Forum. BEFORE YOU PUT YOUR PHONE IN DFU MODE, make sure you connect your iphone to the computer and open itunes. Once you are in DFU mode go ahead and do shift+restore and click on the custom firmware, iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download, i would start with this website for some custom firmwares. If you are getting code 3004 or 1015, go ahead and do control+alt+delete and kill the itunes program. DO NOT UNPLUG OR TURN OFF YOUR IPHONE, JUST LEAVE IT IN DFU MODE. After that reopen itunes and do the same process, reload the custom firmware again. You will get the same errors from itunes, I went ahead and kill it with control+alt+delete and reopen it with itunes again. You will eventually see that it would load your custom firmware. Just look at the iphone it will shows an apple symbol with a bar running across the middle. This means it is working. STEP 2, it will put your phone into recovery mode with the itune sign and the cable attaching to it. Don't panic, just leave the phone alone and click ok on itunes when it gives you an error 1015 at this point. STEP 3, download a quickpwn 22.2 for windows and open it. DO EXACTLY AS IT SAYS, it will ask you to press the power and home button together etc..just follow it. YOU MUST WATCH YOUR IPHONE SCREEN WHILE DOING THIS BECAUSE YOU WILL SEE AN APPLE SYMBOL AND you must, i repeat, must close out quickpwn program when you see that apple symbol. Otherwise, it will take you to a screen where it ask you to reload the firmware. Trust me you don't wanna be here. Ok once you close quickpwn, it should take care of the recovery mode as well. If not, relaunch itunes but do not do any update or restore just close it after you open it. By now if everything works correctly you should have a working downgrade 3.1.3 3gs. Rejail break with spirit and you are done. ALso, do not use blackrain at all during this process. all you need is quickpwn 22.2 for windows, spirit and a custom 3.1.3 firmware. GOOD LUCK.

I've found that using Windows XP as oppose to Vista or 7 helps when restoring via tinyumbrella or sauriks server!

i've used window 7 for the downgrading process, btw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have downgraded my 3gs new bootrom from 4.0 to 3.1.3. It helps greatly to have another pc with a clean iTunes version 9.1 as my windows 7 ultimate laptop had problems with the shift restore sequence which wouldn't work. The error 1005 isn't a major problem which can be solved using the libusb and irecovery. Everything is working fine on my phone now.

Just a small question, for you guys who successfully downgrade from IOS4, did you have your SHSH file saved before?

I am currently stuck on iOS 4, no 3.1.3 SHSH file saved, old boot room. Do I have any chance to jail break or downgrade?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bebulf View Post
    Just a small question, for you guys who successfully downgrade from IOS4, did you have your SHSH file saved before?

I am currently stuck on iOS 4, no 3.1.3 SHSH file saved, old boot room. Do I have any chance to jail break or downgrade?
    Nope, you are stuck.

All of us who managed to downgrade had our SHSHs saved in Cydia. If you don't have it saved, you will need to wait for a proper iOS 4 Jailbreak which hopefully, is coming soon.