Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in recovery mode for 2 days...

Default Stuck in recovery mode for 2 days...
    so I screwed up by trying to get ios4 with sn0wbreeze onto my 3.0.1 3gs. Yes, I know. Now I can't get it out of recovery mode. I've tried everything & I mean everything. Recboot didn't work. Blackra1n didn't work, quickpwn crashes, irecovery looked like it could work, but it didn't, iReb didn't work.

I'm at my wits end, and I have no clue what to do now.

Is my phone salvageable, is it a hardware issue that can be saved, or is my phone screwed forever?

Please help!!!!

Edit:
    No, I don't have shsh blobs, so downgrading is not an option.
    Last edited by KidPoetic; 2010-07-08 at 03:23 PM.

Restore to 4.0 again then downgrade to 3.0.1

when you plug it into your computer, does itunes recognize it?
    if it does, hit restore, and install a legit OS, then you have to re-jailbreak

iloveiphone9-I thought I had to have shsh blobs in order to downgrade?

burnout399-It recognizes it. It says, "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes." I thought if I hit restore then I won't be able to jb and unlock it anymore. I thought they didn't have an ios4 jb out

Thanks

You are right, if you do not have your SHSH files stored, you will only be able to install 4.0.
    Were you already jailbroken? If so you might be able to <shift> Restore to a custom firmware.

what should I shift restore to? When I tried to do it for 3.0.1 & 3.1.2 it said it was incompatible. I tried a custom firmware for 4.0 but it hangs for hours.

install the legit os4. then create a custom OS4 using PawnageTool 4.01(on Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(on PC).

then try restoring to the custom firmware through itunes

so I hit restore without the shift? I just want to cover all bases before I screw it up further.

You are stuck if you dont have SHSH on file somewhere. Your only option is a legit iOS4 and wait for a new jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

Any luck yet?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dazzer1983 For This Useful Post:

Phantom21 (2010-07-31)

by legit you mean just hit restore without the shift? I'm sorry for all of the questions you guys, I just want to make sure I do this right & rectify the problem.

correct, legit, means hit restore without shift

okay, I'm doing that now. after that, what do I do?

Again, I apologize for the 50 million questions, but nothing like this has happened to my phone before.

after its done, you should be able to jailbreak the 4.0 with the new version of Redsn0w 0.9.5.

if your not sure how, this link explains it:
    iOS 4.0 Jailbreak Redsn0w 0.9.5 for Windows and Mac | Redmond Pie

i had trouble with redsn0w, and found a way around it, if it doesnt work for you, let me know, and i will explain the other way.

I tried restoring it the normal way, & this came up "the iphone 'iphone' cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable."

Did you edit your hosts file to point at the Cydia server instead of Apple's. If so you need to undo that.

Try again after a few, could just mean you have a bad connection, but if you did what Lolo1 said, make sure you change it back to apple.

I can't do that because I don't have shsh blobs to begin with.

hey guys, watch this vid I made explaining the situation

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9iqiKdJY2U[/ame]

I've tried this a million times.
    Last edited by KidPoetic; 2010-07-08 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default 3GS 3.0.1 stuck in recovery mode
    I have SHSH blobs stored on Cydia for just about every firmware. Can I restore to 4.1 and then downgrade to something else?

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dazzer1983 For This Useful Post:

Phantom21 (2010-07-31)