Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken 3GS, 4.0, stuck in recovery loop. help please

Default Jailbroken 3GS, 4.0, stuck in recovery loop. help please
    I managed to get my 4.0 new bootrom, 3GS down to 1.1.2 in order to then get back to 4.0 with a succesfull jailbreak, following this guide.

iH8sn0w's Forums • View topic - *sleepfix* Pwning 4.0 on New Bootrom 3G[S] w/3.1.2

I didnt understand everything in that guide exactly so I am sure I winged it in a few parts but at the end of the day after a good ol mess, I managed to get 4.0 in my phone with cydia and rockapp, for which I am quite surpriised I have to admit.

the phone was stuck in recovery mode but using ibooty jumped it out of recovery mode.

First I had no phone service but then I installed ultrasn0w from cydia and that took care of my phone service. I was happy and figured I had finaly done what I thought was impossible.. UNTIL...

I connected my phone and itunes wasnt recognizing it, saying there was some error recognizing this phone, then when I turned the phone off and turned it on again, it went back to recovery mode and I have to go to ibooty to get it to work all over again, it does this every time I turn it off.

So what I ended up having is a phone that isnt recognized by itunes and cant turn off or reboot because it will go to recovery mode and I will need a computer nearby with ibooty to get it to work again.

Is there a fix for these two problems I am having?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuhnesito View Post
    I managed to get my 4.0 new bootrom, 3GS down to 1.1.2 in order to then get back to 4.0 with a succesfull jailbreak, following this guide.

iH8sn0w's Forums • View topic - *sleepfix* Pwning 4.0 on New Bootrom 3G[S] w/3.1.2

I didnt understand everything in that guide exactly so I am sure I winged it in a few parts but at the end of the day after a good ol mess, I managed to get 4.0 in my phone with cydia and rockapp, for which I am quite surpriised I have to admit.

the phone was stuck in recovery mode but using ibooty jumped it out of recovery mode.

First I had no phone service but then I installed ultrasn0w from cydia and that took care of my phone service. I was happy and figured I had finaly done what I thought was impossible.. UNTIL...

I connected my phone and itunes wasnt recognizing it, saying there was some error recognizing this phone, then when I turned the phone off and turned it on again, it went back to recovery mode and I have to go to ibooty to get it to work all over again, it does this every time I turn it off.

So what I ended up having is a phone that isnt recognized by itunes and cant turn off or reboot because it will go to recovery mode and I will need a computer nearby with ibooty to get it to work again.

Is there a fix for these two problems I am having?
    You have a tethered jailbreak at iOS 4.0 for new bootrom. In the instructions, using this method of jailbreak, you need to use ibooty everytime you power down. Currently , there is no untethered jailbreak at iOS 4.0 for new bootrom.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

kuhnesito (2010-07-09)

Don't I feel like a dumba$$ now.. thanks for your help, I don't remember the guide saying it was a tethered jailbreak so I was confused but yeah... my mistake big time. I guess I did manage to jailbreak it after all then.. I just restored to 4.0 anyways, don't tethered is not really worth it, might just wait for a simple one click solution or something like that, thanks a lot!