Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restored to 3.1.3 no SHSH saved [3GS] - Spirit -> Sn0wbreeze

Default Restored to 3.1.3 no SHSH saved [3GS] - Spirit -> Sn0wbreeze
    Something occurred to me over the past week and I decided to share with everyone and see if anyone can second this. In short, I was able to restore from 3.1.3 to 3.1.3 without saved SHSH blobs. I was also able to change my originally Spirit jailbroken 3GS to a Sn0wbreeze jailbroken 3GS which is supposedly compatible with restoring to 4.0 JB Sn0Wbreeze at the moment (OLD BOOTROM). This I have not tried myself, but hypothetically it should work.

This was important to me because I did not want to update to 4.0, yet I wanted to be able to clean restore my device back to 3.1.3 when I wanted/needed to.

My phone's specs are as follows:

BEFORE
    - iPhone 3GS
    - Old Bootrom
    - 3.1.3 (NO SHSH SAVED), only 4.0 SHSH blobs saved
    - JB using SPIRIT

AFTER
    - Restored to 3.1.3 Jailbroken with sn0wbreeze with NO SHSH blobs saved.

Having been out of the iPhone scene for awhile and trying to catch up with what's been going on, I realized that you cannot restore to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 without previously having SHSH blobs saved because Apple has stopped signing 3.1.3 and forcing people to upgrade to 4.0. Somehow taking the following steps allowed me to still restore to 3.1.3.

Anyways, I took the steps I did to make it happen for anyone interested. I assume no responsibility for what happens to your phone, and be sure to read carefully to make sure your situation is similar to mine.

1. Follow the directions here to install spirit2pwn.
    Mostly iPhone hacking: OLD BOOTROM + Spirit => 4.0 JB

*** The pwned firmware I used was a custom firmware I created from Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3.

2. After I rebooted, I opened iTunes and restored to a custom3.1.3 firmware I created with Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 and that should've done the trick. There is no need for restore or DFU mode for this step and I used iTunes 9.2.

Well there you go! If I am just repeating something that's already been posted somewhere else, then disregard this. There's too many posts and updates out there to keep up with.

Thanks

nope...

Nope..That won't work