Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak currently possible? 3GS iOS 4.0

Question Jailbreak currently possible? 3GS iOS 4.0
    Greetings and Salutations.

Newbie here, Just got a 3GS from a friend that had to have the "latest and greatest". So I got a deal on the 3GS, kind of, before he gave it to me he wanted to help me out and upgraded to 4.0, which as I understand now after some reading may not have been such a good thing for me.

I am on T-Mobile and was hoping to jailbreak and unlock it for use on that network. But I have not had any luck.

Have tried downgrading to no avail, looking to try a recent technique pointing the "phone home" feature to another host so that itunes will allow the restore without Apply butting in, does anyone know if this will work on an locked, unjailbroken 3GS with 4.0? Or am I just wasting my time until the gurus have more time?

Wanting to have some fun and start exploring the land of hacked iphones but not having much luck getting my foot in the door past step 1.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You may be able to downgrade to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 if the phone has been jailbroken before, but you will need a sim from the original carrier and it has to have been jailbroken before. This way you could use it as an iPod Touch until the devs come through. You will not be able to unlock though until, as you have stated, the devs have more time to work on the mods.

As you'll see from searching the forum the first and foremost information you need is was the phone previously jailbroken and secondly what bootrom do you have? Download a copy of forecast ModMyi Forums - Downloads - f0recast-1.1.exe It will give you all the info you need.

Hopefully there will be a fix for us all soon. Better to be patient and give it a few days and see what arrives