Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs downgrade from buggy iOS4

Default 3Gs downgrade from buggy iOS4
    Hey guys. I don't know very much about jailbreaking/iPhone smart talk, but I just need some help.

When Spirit jailbreak came out, I used it to jailbreak my phone. I had my 3.1.3 file saved with cydia but then i went straight from 3.1.3 spirit jailbreak to iOS4 through itunes 9.2. After it was finished, i noticed my MMS wasn't even activated, visual voicemail was gone, calls were scratchy if i even received them and my 3G internet was VERY slow. I googled it and found that many people are having some similar issues. I'm sure there is a thread on here about this already but I couldn't find it.

What I need is to fix my iOS4. I figured going back down to 3.1.3 THEN upgrading to iOS4 from there (instead of going from spirit 3.1.3) may work. I'm probably wrong, though.

I tried doing a hard restore and it didn't work. Help please.

-I'm not really that interested in jailbreaking again from iOS4. I just want to get my phone working properly again
    -My modem firmware (same thing as baseband??) is 5.13.04
    -First 5 of my serial is 80939
    -Model # is MC135LL
    -I'm on Mac OS 10.5.8 if that makes any difference.
    -Also I'm pretty sure that normal 3Gs is supposed to be at AT&T 7.1 by now. But mine says 7.0 in Settings. I may be wrong.

Thanks in advance, guys.

-Caleb C.
    [email protected]

Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows
    Instead of 3.1.2, use the 3.1.3 version and you're ok to go.

Press Thanks! If I helped.

Hi, drmias!
    I really need the iTunes 9.2 to downgrade my iPhone 3Gs 32GB to 3.1.2 FW?

I recept error messagens when restore the 3.1.2 ipsw.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Napier; 2010-07-05 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Napier View Post
    Hi, drmias!
    I really need the iTunes 9.2 to downgrade my iPhone 3Gs 32GB to 3.1.2 FW?

Thanks!
    Actually I would suggest a previous version between 9.0-9.1x
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

Will downgrading put it back to 3.1.3 WITH jailbreak already on it? I'm trying to get back to a clean 3.1.3. Like jailbreak never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows
    Instead of 3.1.2, use the 3.1.3 version and you're ok to go.

Press Thanks! If I helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by calebc1107 View Post
    Will downgrading put it back to 3.1.3 WITH jailbreak already on it? I'm trying to get back to a clean 3.1.3. Like jailbreak never happened.
    If you follow the instructions from the above post you will be restored to a clean 3.1.3FW which then you can do the update to iOS 4 with the jailbreak never appearing to have happened.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Quote Originally Posted by calebc1107 View Post
    Unless you have a SHSH blob on Cydia, you cannot downgrade via iTunes. Apple will not authorize the software downgrade anymore, thus you need to redirect this authorization to Cydia, where your SHSH is filed.

i also got a problem with my 3gs. mine is not jailbroken so i don't have a problem if i update it straight from itunes. but since i update it to ios 4 i got a problem with my facebook, emails and internet connection. even if i have a good internet connection,connection error always appears in facebook. can i restore it to its original version of 3.1.2 and update it again to ios 4? please help

Try re-installing the iOS4 from iTunes.

Before doing that, be sure you are not pointing to your neighbors wi-fi access point!.

so i have to download the ios 4 again?