Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! SHSH blobs missing!

Unhappy Help! SHSH blobs missing!
    Hello!

I upgraded my 3GS (old bootrom on 3.1.3 that had been "Spirited") to 4.0. Now I want to JB 4.0, so it looks like i need to downgrade to 3.1.2 first. However now when I try to downgrade, it fails.

I believe the problem is Firmware Umbrella reports no SHSH blobs on Cydia, however I have been saving them up there ever since the day Saruik made the service available. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can:

A) Verify that Cydia has seemingly lost my blob's?

B) Do something about it if they are lost?

Is there an effective way to reach Saruik?

FYI - I went through the whole host file mod process to point Itunes to Cydia and all. It still failed. Thats when I cranked up umbrella and it reports no SHSH's
    Last edited by buskeyl; 2010-07-05 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks

If umbrella says you don't have them, you don't and there is nothing you can do.

I am in the same boat . I to have always saved my "SHSH's with saruik's server to " make life easier " not . And I've spent hours trying every method I can think of.
    As saruik is smarter than me, I can only assume it's me doing something wrong !!
    I've even been in the root of my iPhone and have all apples lock and preboot lock keys and all their other hidden files, so I don't think I am below par at this game.
    Last edited by dazzasparks; 2010-07-05 at 03:28 PM.

I also have the same problem but the difference is that cydia says I have blobs for 3.1.2, 3.1.3 but I still can't downgrade to 3.1.2

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

We are all in the same boat... and are SOL until the SPIRIT jailbreak for 4.0 comes out (Thank you, Comex!)

I will not make the same mistake twice... get those SHSH's on file right after jailbreaking

Thanks

You don't need to be jailbroken to get your SHSH files. Use the umbrella tool to save your files now. I have done this on my new iPhone 4.

then..

there is nothing i can do if i don't have shsh saved in cydia?

Thanks

nope... just wait.

Default solved my problem..
    In my case, I solved my problem because I was using the tiny umbrella tool wrong. But I found several discrepancies users ought to know about. For example, all the guides I found on how to find your ECID (on a Mac at least) seem to be wrong. The ECID that shows up in the Serial number string under profiler is different from what Tiny Umbrella finds. Once I realized that Tiny Umbrella doesn’t actually go out to Cydia and scan all the SHSH's for the detected ECID, and that you have to select the target IOS you want a SHSH for, and then save it, I was able to save my SHSH's from Cydia locally. But I was not sure until it actually worked, because there could definitely be some better reporting / feedback from the TU tool. For example: it would happily save a SHSH for an IPAD using my ECID too, even though I have never owned an IPAD and my ECID is for an Iphone. Regardless, bottom line is it works. Once I got the SHSH's saved, even though they were apparently for a different ECID, and Tiny Umbrella’s server running, I was able to downgrade. This tells me TU's version of my ECID is correct and the profiler is wrong. Restore was not flawless, and failed a couple of times with 1600 errors, but the third time it seemed to "take" and the restore worked. Hope this helps someone else who's like me, and knows just enough to be dangerous.

Anyone interested in buying a jail broken 32gig 3GS on IOS 4? My Iphone 4 showed up in the email while I was going through all of this!

Lee
    Last edited by buskeyl; 2010-07-09 at 06:07 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to buskeyl For This Useful Post:

azraeil (2010-07-10)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Is Saurik going to hash 4.0 SHSH? Mine only shows from 3.0 up to 3.1.3.

I'm in the same boat. I even have an 3GS on iOS4 JB'ed and running Cydia (I can see in Cydia and it says the SHSHs for my 3.1.2 & 3.1.3 are on file) but when I ran TU, it keeps saying that I don't have them in Cydia.

I have a 3Gs (I have 2 3Gs) which I mistakenly upgraded using the official firmware instead of the custom one and I know Cydia says that it has the 3.1.2 on file but no matter what I did (spent 5 days already), I cannot downgrade. I've done the host file for both my Mac and XP, followed the instructions to the T, but still unable to downgrade. I'm getting the uneligible firmware error on the Mac and the 3194 error on the XP.

Waiting for the userland comex JB. Hopefully it'll be out before Tuesday coz that's when I need to go overseas.

Here's an update on my situation.

I used the latest Umbrella to get my iPhone's ECID (which is different than what you get from the normal guide you'll find when you google).

I used a different version of Umbrella (version that ends with-222 IIANM)and input the ECID and choose Saurik Server as the location where my SHSHs is stored and finally after 4 days, I managed to get the SHSHs saved into my local computer. It's 64kb in size which I assume is the correct size I guess.

Now I am ready to restore. I followed all the instructions with regards to the host file, adding gs.apple.com after 127.0.0.1 and then I ran the TSS server using the latest umbrella version (.53 I think).

Ran the iTunes restore by chosing the official 3.1.2 ipsw.

Still getting the 3194 error. What am I doing wrong? I am using iTunes 9.0.2

Should I upgrade to iTunes 9.2 and try again?
    Last edited by azraeil; 2010-07-09 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Mine too, I only have shsh blogs from 3.1 to 3.1.3, what is happening to iOS 4.0 shsh blogs in Cydia, eventhough it says already cached.

Yes!!!!!!!!! Yes and bloody YESSSSSS!!!!!.

Finally managed to downgrade to 3.1.2. I wanna kiss the guy who mentioned Umbrella version 222 coz that was the version that pointed me to the right direction and allowed me to downgrade my friend's iPhone to 3.1.2. It was my mistake so this was a bloody huge relief.

I've jailbroken the 3.1.2 now with Blackra1n and unlocked it using Ultrasnow 0.93 ....

Now I am restoring it with the proper CUSTOM_Firmware for the iOS 4 .... wohooooo!!!!!!.

I'll write down the steps tomorrow. It's close to 2AM here and I need my shut-eye. I'm sooooooo freakin happy.

same here. Cydia says I have 3.1.3 saved on file but tiny umbrella doesn't and now i'm stuck with ios4.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silkshocker View Post
    same here. Cydia says I have 3.1.3 saved on file but tiny umbrella doesn't and now i'm stuck with ios4.
    Get it from this link :

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot....d-support.html

Scroll down till you see fw-umbrella semaphore-222.zip

I can't understand why you guys can't get it, google is your best friend.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-07-10 at 04:58 AM.

What a huge relief.

Here's my situation so if anyone is having the same issues than hopefully this post will assist in anyway possible.

I mistakenly used the official iOS 4 firmware to upgrade my friend's 3Gs and right now his 3Gs have the latest baseband (5.13.04) but with the old boot room (359.3). He was on 3.1.2 before the upgrade and was Jailbroken and Unlocked using Blackrain. He has Cydia installed and he confirms with me that his SHSHs was saved with Cydia.

I spent 4 days trying to downgrade the firmware and the culprit I suspect at the time was Cydia because iTunes refuses to go to the Saurik's Server and keeps giving me the 3194 error on my XP and the uneligible firmware error on Mac.

Now enough of my background information, let's go to the solution that I found.

Please follow this step by step. I did this on my XP machine coz editing the host file was wayyyyyy easier on an XP machine.

1. Make sure your host file IS NOT TOUCHED in these initial steps. Double check if necessary the host file (leave the explorer window open so that you can go back to the host file whenever you need to)

2. Download the latest version of Umbrella (4.00.54)- This is to get Umbrella to check for your proper ECID. The guide that you find with all those websites on google on how to get your ECID will not be useful (the one where you put your iPhone on DFU mode and checking it via About this Mac). It gives you some sort of ECID serial but this is not the ECID that is stored by Cydia so you won't be able to get your SHSHs if you use that ECID.

3. On Umbrella, click on the advance button and you will see your device's ECID (WRITE IT DOWN), by hovering over the ECID, the application will also display the ECID in HEX (you won't need it but write it down anyway)

4. Close Umbrella version (4.00.54)

5. Download Umbrella version 222, use the link yeow202 mentioned.

6. DO NOT TOUCH THE HOST FILE ... yet.

7. Run Umbrella 222. Type in your ECID. Select Saurik-Cydia as the repository and WAIT. After 20-30 seconds, it will say that it has managed to extract the SHSHs from Cydia and it will save the SHSHs file on the computer. You should find it in the same directory where you ran Umbrella 222 (clap your hands yay!!!). Save this precious SHSH off site or whatever you usually do for backup.

8. Open iTunes (I was running iTunes 9.0.2 because during one of those dark days, I tried to downgrade iTunes just to see if iTunes 9.2 was the culprit).

9. Connect your iPhone and put it in DFU mode.

10. Open Umbrella 4.00.54

11. Open your host file with notepad/wordpad (I used wordpad) and edit it by adding 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com . Make sure this is the last line on the host file. Used the arrow button to make sure this is the last line. If for whatever reason you see a hash mark in front of the line that says 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com, just removed the hash mark and double check to see that the cursor cannot go below the 127.0.0.1 line (yes, after 4 days I'm that picky)

12. Save the host file. Open it up again and double check (yes, this is getting anal)

13. Open up the dos prompt (click on the start button and choose run, type cmd)

14. Type ipconfig /flushdns (this will flush any dns cache)

15. Find the SHSH file that was extracted from Cydia and drag it over the Umbrella 4.00.54 window. It will say that (1) SHSH file has been found. Click on Check SHSH and it will pop-up a window saying that you're good to go.

16. Make sure there is nothing running on port 80 (I had a proxy server running on port 80 so I disable that)

17. Start the TSS Server. It will say the server is starting and it's waiting for request (it's waiting for iTunes -- cue iTunes).

18. Go to iTunes. It would have said that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Press Shift and click on Restore. Find the correct IPSW for your iPhone (that corresponds to the SHSHs that you extracted)

19. iTunes will extract the firmware. Then it will "Verify with Apple". Check Umbrella, you will see that it has received a request and it will do it's thing.

20. This is where a lot of people are getting their verification errors (3194 etc). Hopefully if everything was done right, you will not get this error.

21. Yay!!!, you're half way there.

22. You will get the 1015 error. Do not panic, this is expected.

23. Find the thread in this forum about 1015 error and the solution. I use the Quickpawn method, there is the 1015 iFixer method etc etc .... I use the Quickpawn method.

24. Once everything is okay, download Blackra1n RC3 from blackra1n.com

25. You may/may not get an error when you run this, but if you do get an error (usually and ASL.dll error). Just copy the Blackra1n.exe into the (damn I forgot the directory path, search the forum about ASL.dll error and you'll find the correct path - wait, got it ... C:/Program Files/Common Files/Apple/Apple Application Support/)

26. Your 3Gs 3.1.2 on baseband 5.13.04 have been Jailbroken. Yay (Jump around the room and clap your hands)

27. Disconnect your iPhone, run Blackra1n, install Cydia, upgrade Cydia etc. Do whatever you need to do,

28. Add repo666.ultrasn0w.com as one of your sources. Download ultrasn0w and your iPhone will start searching for your service provider.

There you go, it's pretty detailed and pretty anal, but I hope this helps. I went through 4 days of hell trying to downgrade so I know the frustration of missing one step etc.

Always double check your host file. Umbrella makes changes once you run the TSS server so if you need to re-do this (that's another story ...) just double check the host file.

I have done this twice for the same 3Gs (I'll tell you about why I had to do this the 2nd time on a different post ) and it has worked accordingly.

Now off to see my friend and tell him the good news. Phew, that's 800 bucks I don't have to spend replacing his phone.
    Last edited by azraeil; 2010-07-10 at 09:10 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Breezygirl (2010-07-12)

Hey - thanks for the detailed post. I think I'm stuck.Bought a iPhone 3GS (pristine) from an old lady who apparently upgraded to iOS4.0. Its all stock,just a month old - and damnit she never ever imagined to save shsh blobs. Now I do NOT have 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 shsh blobs anywhere ,although I stored iOS4.0 blobs to Cydia and local computer. is there _ANY_ way to revert back to iOS 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 WITHOUT shsh blobs? FEels like a noob

Quote Originally Posted by didadi View Post
    Hey - thanks for the detailed post. I think I'm stuck.Bought a iPhone 3GS (pristine) from an old lady who apparently upgraded to iOS4.0. Its all stock,just a month old - and damnit she never ever imagined to save shsh blobs. Now I do NOT have 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 shsh blobs anywhere ,although I stored iOS4.0 blobs to Cydia and local computer. is there _ANY_ way to revert back to iOS 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 WITHOUT shsh blobs? FEels like a noob
    Not at the moment. Have to be patient I guess, since the dev-team and comex are working on a Jailbreak for iPhone 4 and iOS 4. Shouldn't be long I think.

this not work for me...
    i did everything step by step...

maybe me not being lucky

Thanks
    Thank you so much Azraeil, I'm on a Mac so trying to figure this all out, I'm on day two of trying to do this. Grrrr.... So I feel your pain that I just can't get itunes to restore back to 3.1.2 also I cant get Umbrella to TSS as it says I'm not the admin but I am and I can't figure out how to change the setting to let me do it. hmmmm, only 3 more days and maybe I'll have this figured out. 4.0 was so not worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast