Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! SHSH blobs missing!

breezygirl, good luck on your endeavor. I mostly use a Mac and my XP machine is a 5 year old Vaio (thank god I still kept it).

The key to be able to downgrade (assuming you have the SHSHs stored in Cydia) is to be able to get the darn SHSHs from Cydia or to be able to point your computer to Cydia. Once you're able to get Umbrella to connect to Cydia, it should be able to get the proper SHSHs from Cydia and save it to your local computer.

This is what I have currently,

1. a 3Gs with a custom IOS 4. It has SHSHs saved in Cydia for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 (though I was never on 3.1.3)

2. I have a clean host file on the Mac, there is nothing there. Running Umbrella 222 to get my SHSH from Cydia will not work. It tries to connect and at the end it comes up with a notice "Are you connected to the Internet?"

3. When I connect my 3Gs on my XP machine with a clean host file and run Umbrella 222, it connects successfully to Cydia and extracted my SHSH and saved it in one of the directory.

So, what could be the issue? Something in the Mac is not allowing Umbrella to connect to Cydia.

I'll do some more investigation and we'll see how it goes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Breezygirl (2010-07-13)

Thanks
    I am now trying to do it on a PC but can't download the firmware 3.1.2, my computer keeps changing it to a zip file. I also saw that you can change it to a .ipsw but itunes does not reconize this as a file to use when restoring. This is not fun, thank you so much for all your help. After I figure this out no more upgrading... for me, lol.

I think I figured the zip problem out. Now am getting stuck on restore, either a 3002 error even though Umbrella says I have 3.1.2 on Cydia, I also get this firmware is not compatible with this phone. On the Mac I get an 1600 or 1604 errors.
    Last edited by Breezygirl; 2010-07-13 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how much for your iphone

OK, I have TU version 222...this was jailbreak'd..had major issues and had to upgrade to 4.0 via itunes. Was on cydia, 3gs, 3.1.2, 5.11 I want to downgrade...is this possible. Umbrella version 222 still says can't find shsh blob. I have 6 0's in fornt of the ECID found through USB Device Viewer.

Undeserveabud. Your ECID shouldn;t have the 6 0's in there. Download Umbrella 4.00.54, run it and connect your iPhone. Under the advace tab, Umbreall will get your ECID number. That is the correct ECID to use.

Now run Umbrella 222 and type the ECID number that you just wrote down. It should say that your SHSHs have been retrieved. You can find the SHSHs in the directory where you ran Umbrella 222.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezygirl View Post
    I am now trying to do it on a PC but can't download the firmware 3.1.2, my computer keeps changing it to a zip file. I also saw that you can change it to a .ipsw but itunes does not reconize this as a file to use when restoring. This is not fun, thank you so much for all your help. After I figure this out no more upgrading... for me, lol.

I think I figured the zip problem out. Now am getting stuck on restore, either a 3002 error even though Umbrella says I have 3.1.2 on Cydia, I also get this firmware is not compatible with this phone. On the Mac I get an 1600 or 1604 errors.
    Breezygirl, I read somewhere that IE will convert the file into .zip and all you have to do is rename it to ipsw.

The safest way is to use Firefox to download the IPSW file.

Did you managed to get the SHSHs from Cydia? Some people say that pointing the host file to Cydia works for them but I prefer to get the SHSHs into my local machine and the use the localhost process.
    Last edited by azraeil; 2010-07-13 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

Breezygirl (2010-07-14)

Thanks
    OMG, I finally did it, lol. YAY (I also jumped up and down a lot after) Yay!!!
    I did it on the mac, my biggest problem was I could not get the TSS to run on Umbrella. After reading a million sites and the read me file, ha ha I saw that I had to take the file out from the DMG. Then everything went perfectly.

A huge thanks to Azraeil as his post up top was so very helpful.

Breezygirl, congrats on managing to downgrade

Quote Originally Posted by azraeil View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I even have an 3GS on iOS4 JB'ed and running Cydia (I can see in Cydia and it says the SHSHs for my 3.1.2 & 3.1.3 are on file) but when I ran TU, it keeps saying that I don't have them in Cydia.

I have a 3Gs (I have 2 3Gs) which I mistakenly upgraded using the official firmware instead of the custom one and I know Cydia says that it has the 3.1.2 on file but no matter what I did (spent 5 days already), I cannot downgrade. I've done the host file for both my Mac and XP, followed the instructions to the T, but still unable to downgrade. I'm getting the uneligible firmware error on the Mac and the 3194 error on the XP.

Waiting for the userland comex JB. Hopefully it'll be out before Tuesday coz that's when I need to go overseas.

Here's an update on my situation.

I used the latest Umbrella to get my iPhone's ECID (which is different than what you get from the normal guide you'll find when you google).

I used a different version of Umbrella (version that ends with-222 IIANM)and input the ECID and choose Saurik Server as the location where my SHSHs is stored and finally after 4 days, I managed to get the SHSHs saved into my local computer. It's 64kb in size which I assume is the correct size I guess.

Now I am ready to restore. I followed all the instructions with regards to the host file, adding gs.apple.com after 127.0.0.1 and then I ran the TSS server using the latest umbrella version (.53 I think).

Ran the iTunes restore by chosing the official 3.1.2 ipsw.

Still getting the 3194 error. What am I doing wrong? I am using iTunes 9.0.2

Should I upgrade to iTunes 9.2 and try again?
    You should read my thread that I created a few days ago. I was in the same exact situation. I got it fixed after 3 days of researching. You should avoid using Tiny Umbrella at all cost!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12