Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 3GS 4.0 to 3.1.3 New Bootrom Baseband 05.13.04

Thumbs up Thanks
    First of all i would like the topic starter for this great topic!
    I tried several things to downgrade and i can confirm that this is the way to go!
    I have a 3G which i updated to IOS4, big mistake... It became so f-ing slow i wanted to trow it in the dumpster..

I followed every step in this tutorial and im now running a smooth 3G with 3.1.2

Im using Windows Vista 32bit.
    What i did:
    Installed NET 4.0
    Installed LIBUSB
    Made a back up of my complete itunes folder in the music folder
    Uninstalled Itunes 9.2 and every other apple software
    Installed Itunes 9.1
    Downloaded 3.1.2 firmware
    Put phone in DFU mode
    Let itunes detect it and shift restore and select the downloaded firmware
    Then after the error i used Recboot to kick it out of recovery mode.

My phone has simlock so i used Blackra1n to jailbreak and hacktivate it.
    After that Ultrasn0w to unlock.

Thats all!

Now just install back Itunes 9.2 and put back the folder from your back up and you will have you Itunes library and apps again.

I have a 3GS (from Canada, from original service provider), tried different steps mentioned in this thread and others but I get an error before the ones mentioned.

I get: "This phone is not eligible for downgrade".

I added to the hosts file
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fu$& me surely someone can make an easier way than that lot !!!! This ios4 is fine but my parrot car kit is not worth jack sh$& bring back 3.1.3 everthing sort of worked!!!!!!!

anyone know when the simple way of unlocking will be released for the 3gs 4.0? i have an iphone that just sits there and is patiently waiting for a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by fauch View Post
    I have a 3GS (from Canada, from original service provider), tried different steps mentioned in this thread and others but I get an error before the ones mentioned.

I get: "This phone is not eligible for downgrade".

I added to the hosts file
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hey wait a minute - that's the first time I've seen 2 different IP's for the Cydia SHSH server. Can someone confirm that only one of these is correct? Obviously 2 entries for the same DNS address will not work as it can only resolve to one.

Question [email protected]
    Quote Originally Posted by yanman View Post
    Hey wait a minute - that's the first time I've seen 2 different IP's for the Cydia SHSH server.
    I've only seen 74.208.10.249 until now.

Anyway, I'm running into issues... iTunes won't detect my phone at all. I've shut my firewall off, and it makes the clunky sound when I plug in the usb cable, but it never appears so that I can update it.

So far I've...
    1) uninstalled iTunes 9.2
    2) installed iTunes 9.1
    3) put the phone in DFU
    4) installed libusb driver for DFU'd phone
    5) rebooted

I'm running XP SP3, and I've got a 3GS that I idiotically upgraded to 4.0.1... but I've got SHSH blobs sitting on my desktop (no idea what to do with them, but dangit, I got them!) and my host file pointed to the above Cydia IP. Which doesn't matter if iTunes doesn't see my phone.

I'm thinking it's the USB driver. I've been trying to downgrade with various tutorials, and anytime I use the libusb, it quits detecting in any version of iTunes.

Any ideas? Did I miss something?

@KellyMo: I think you are supposed to do something with the blob? As for me, I've no idea where to get the stupid Cydia. And i'm still looking for the LibUSB and Error 1015 Fix.

If anyone have any links on those, please reply. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by warrior9791 View Post
    @KellyMo: I think you are supposed to do something with the blob? As for me, I've no idea where to get the stupid Cydia. And i'm still looking for the LibUSB and Error 1015 Fix.
    Well, I have my blob from having my phone previously jailbroken (which also had Cydia on it) in Aug of last year (3.0, I believe). From what I remember, I used redsn0w and it came with Cydia. I was able to retrieve the blob from the Cydia host via Auto-SHSH. So it seems that I've got a copy there too that I can access...

LibUSB can be obtained from sourceforge.net, but I'd recommend zadig.exe (should be the first option in google). I managed to change my drivers using both (although apparently it's bad for you if you're using Vista or Win 7). I've also heard that the 1015 error isn't bad; just need to find something to kick it out of restore mode -- not DFU (correct me if I'm wrong? I can get my phone out of DFU just by holding power+home for 10 seconds).

Hopefully someone has figured this out and sees this... the tutorial was (so far) the most in-depth and most likely to work that I've seen, and I've been scouring non-stop since I upgraded. Last week. Darn that stupid walkthrough that totally lied to me.

As of now, I've removed LibUSB and then upgraded back to iTunes 9.2 (after I removed LibUSB, the phone was detected without a hitch. But then 9.1 refused to touch my phone, saying it required 9.2). I wish someone would hack iTunes... haha. But anyway, I'm going to try to utilise this tutorial with these new parameters after I've prepped a few things for supper.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMo For This Useful Post:

warrior9791 (2010-07-26)

You are the best! Thanks so much. I'll try to get it downgraded soon. And good luck downgrading it.

Edit: By the way, don't we need .NET 4.0 too? Since we are using Windows?

Edit: By the way, don't we need .NET 4.0 too? Since we are using Windows?
    For LibUSB I believe. I already have it installed for various other reasons, so it wasn't something I paid attention to.

Oh by the way, After I upgraded it to OS4, the Cydia in the phone is gone. What to do? And do we actually use Cydia from the computer or from the phone? I'm confused.

P.S. iTunes 9.1 didn't detect my phone too. So i DFU-ed it and it actually worked that way.
    Last edited by warrior9791; 2010-07-26 at 03:13 PM.

No, you won't use Cydia from your computer. When you had it, you should have had an option at some point that said "Make my life easier?" If you chose yes, your SHSH blobs have been saved on the server. Check out the Auto-SHSH program (google it... sorry, I've been so many places I don't remember where anything is if it's not on my desktop!), follow the instructions, and that will allow you to check if your blobs have been saved.

But back to the original tutorial: if you've upgraded to 4.0+ and have a 3GS, you will need to set your hosts file to point to the Cydia server. In theory, you shouldn't need the blobs on your computer; instead it should make iTunes check Cydia's repository for your info (as opposed to checking Apple), and thus allow your phone to downgrade.

Maybe I'll downgrade again to 9.1 without the LibUSB stuffs. See if that works...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMo For This Useful Post:

raymen864 (2010-07-27)

Then... how else r u supposed to downgrade this damn phone without Cydia?! The point here is, I don't have the Cydia ANYWHERE in my computer. (Since I'm not the one that installed the Cydia) So am I screwed? o-o

Then... how else r u supposed to downgrade this damn phone without Cydia?! The point here is, I don't have the Cydia ANYWHERE in my computer. (Since I'm not the one that installed the Cydia) So am I screwed? o-o
    Cydia is something you can use when you have a jailbroken phone. If your phone is not jailbroken right now (which it isn't), Cydia is out of the question. If you've previously saved your SHSH blobs, Cydia's repository can help... somehow (I haven't figured that one out yet). If you have not saved the blobs, you're up a creek without a paddle and will have to wait for Spirit or whatever happens to successfully come out next.

Ouch...So there isn't a way to downgrade without the SHSH on Cydia?

Ouch...So there isn't a way to downgrade without the SHSH on Cydia?
    Sry man, there is no way...,but they will find a way soon

If you have the SHSH on your comp but not on your phone, does that work or it doesn't?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12