Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is a method to JB/Unlock being developed for 3Gs devices on iOS4 without a previous JB?

Default Is a method to JB/Unlock being developed for 3Gs devices on iOS4 without a previous JB?
    Hey,

Just got an iPhone 3Gs on ebay. 32GB black, old bootrom (i believe), and on iOS4. I used tinyumbrella to check if there were any SHSH blobs stored on the phone but to no luck. The device has not been previously jailbroken so I'm at a brick wall for now.

I was just wondering has there been any word on whether dev-team / others are working on a way to jailbreak a 3gs device on iOS4 without a previous jailbreak having been done. I don't need to use the phone till august anyway so I am prepared to wait but I just wanted to know if my wait will be in vain or not...

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

A universal jailbreak for all ios 4 will come soon. Just chill and wait. limera1n.com
    Am firin ma lasah

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thenextkiller For This Useful Post:

Mjolnir1134 (2010-07-04), RetiredBilly (2010-07-05)

I have the same situation as you and I haven't been able to get the iphone jailbroken/unlocked. How do I use tinyumbrella to determine if the phone was previously jailbroken or not (which I don't think it was but I would like to double check)?? Thanks.

Open tiny umbrella, check "advanced options" and then in the device/version menu, select all the 3gs models individually and click "save my shsh". do it for all models 3.0 up to 3.1.3. If they all return the message "device not eligible" then there are no saved shsh blobs. Which was what happened to me.

ok thank you for the info. I tried it and it worked but it only had an shs saved for 3.1.3 not 3.1.2 - i can still downgrade to 3.1.3 right?

what is tinyumbrella and how do I open it? sorry if sounds dumb.