Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G[S] + Spirit2pwn = brick. SHSH on file for 3.1.3

Default 3G[S] + Spirit2pwn = brick. SHSH on file for 3.1.3
    Hi.

So, eager (and stupid) as I am, I tried the Spirit2pwn patch on my iPhone 3G[S] running 3.1.3, new bootrom and a Spirit JB. (due to this article/guide: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 which is Jailbroken Using Spirit with Spirit2Pwn | Redmond Pie)

What to do from here?

I've tried putting it into recovery mode, but no luck (trying to get my ECID).

What I would really like to do, is:
    1) Have a iOS4.0 JB (no need for unluck) - but I think I've put my self in a really bad position

2) Go back to 3.1.3 JBed.

Any input is more than welcome!

//Kasper

Should I just try using this: http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html ?
    Last edited by Lhadrepsak; 2010-07-04 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

latest tinyumbrella gets ecid automatically and saves shsh automatically. try that.

can you turn the phone on? or is it just dead?

It's completely dead. Can't do anything.

Will take a look at tinyumbrella

does it go into dfu mode?

How can I tell?

I've tried holding down home + lock for 10 sec, then releasing lock, and hearing the "found new device"-sound. But noting appears on the screen of the iPhone. iTunes, however, opens and says it's found a new device for recovery.

Okay, so I went ahead, and followed the "Ultimate Downgrade Tutorial", and have succesfully restored my phone.

So right now I'm on 3.1.3 + new baseband. Is there anyway to JB this (not using Spirit), and then go for a JB of the iOS4.0?
    Last edited by Lhadrepsak; 2010-07-04 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

There is no way for you to get to 4.0 jailbroken right now with new bootrom and only 3.1.3 SHSH. So just stay on 3.1.3 and jailbreak with spirit until a 4.0 jailbreak is released or go to 4.0 stock since you dont need an unlock.

could i get a link to the downgrade tutorial you used.... a friend of mine thought he was really cool...
    installed that S*It on my phone, and now it wont restore or do anything!

It's only for old bootrom and works great for that.

Default hey
    I'm kinda newbie, so please help me... how do I check on tinyumbrella to see if there's my SHSH?

'cause I didn't save it on 3.1.3 and now I'm stuck on a Not-JB 4.0.

And that tutorial, Ultimate Downgrade... Wasn't clear for me... but it's only for the ones who has the SHSH file saved, right?

thanks

the same thing happened to me as well i tried using the ultimate downgrade tutorial but it didnt work my 3gs is still blank, are there any other methods that i can use?

Pretty much on the same train here. Installed spirit2pwn, now stuck on DFU. SHSH not saved apparently (tried tutorial , changed host files and stuff, and didn't work) , any help possible would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mobramaein View Post
    Pretty much on the same train here. Installed spirit2pwn, now stuck on DFU. SHSH not saved apparently (tried tutorial , changed host files and stuff, and didn't work) , any help possible would be greatly appreciated.
    ya, my unit too. tried the ultimate downgrade guide, after holding 10~15sec after windows detected my iphone, Quickpwn crashed !

so I am still stuck at DFU mode (black screen). help appreciated for my 2-month old 3Gs. THANKS

Okay, well I didn't quite follow the "ultimate downgrade guide" from A-Z...

When I hooked my bricked phone up with the computer, it popped up in iTunes saying it's found a new device for recovery. So here's what I did:

1) Pointed my host file to Sauriks server: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

2) Downloaded the IPSW file for 3.1.3 using: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

3) Shift + restore in iTunes

4) Restored with backed-up data from previous sync in iTunes

5) Jailbroke with Spirit

So no need for Quickpwn, TinyUmbrella etc...

Hope this helps.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lhadrepsak For This Useful Post:

badandy202 (2010-07-06)

i got 3gs JB by spirit brick after installing spirit2pwn.doesnt restore on itunes.its 2nd day since i bricked it.it says error 1600.i cant turn it on or off.it goes into white screen when restoring then goes blank.please help
    Last edited by DLAN2k; 2010-07-06 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhadrepsak View Post
    Okay, well I didn't quite follow the "ultimate downgrade guide" from A-Z...

When I hooked my bricked phone up with the computer, it popped up in iTunes saying it's found a new device for recovery. So here's what I did:

1) Pointed my host file to Sauriks server: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

2) Downloaded the IPSW file for 3.1.3 using: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

3) Shift + restore in iTunes

4) Restored with backed-up data from previous sync in iTunes

5) Jailbroke with Spirit

So no need for Quickpwn, TinyUmbrella etc...

Hope this helps.

but u didn't save any SHSH file before it? you just did it?

Quote Originally Posted by DLAN2k View Post
    i got 3gs JB by spirit brick after installing spirit2pwn.doesnt restore on itunes.its 2nd day since i bricked it.it says error 1600.i cant turn it on or off.it goes into white screen when restoring then goes blank.please help
    I was in that situation too, and the only way I could get out was restoring to apple's original 4 iOS

@PietroAlves

I had my SHSH on file for 3.1.3 before trying spirit2pwn...

Quote Originally Posted by DLAN2k View Post
    base on sympton described, I think we all faced the same situation. I have no clue but to turn to Apple Care, since my unit is still quite new (< 4 months).

lesson learnt

3Gs + JB with Spirit + New Bootrom + FW3.1.3 --> never never run Spirit2pwn, you will brick your iPhone.

so far I tried many resources from internet, they do not work at all. My advise, sitck to it, update it when IOS 4.0.1 release, then may be by then we have Spirit 2 for JB.

you in this situation (that I've been before) should do the same as I did...

click on restore without holding SHIFT and let Apple do the job... it will be a non-jailbreaked phone, but still a phone.. better than nothing.

Now, just wait until the dev-team do the work.

have done that but not working. ( with error 28). after a few calls between apple acre center and telco, I finally get a replacement by my telco (my unit is 4 mth old). lucky me.

again , pla so not try with your unit if you have 3.1.3 fw and new bootrom (SHSH store in saurik store don't help)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Spirit2pwn blogs has already mentioned that this is not meant for Newbootrom.
    It will work on oldbootrom who has only 3.1.3 shsh blogs and had used Spirit for jailbreak can apply this so as to be able to accept custom firmware. New bootrom can never accept custom firmware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast