Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade While Disconnected From Internet

Default Downgrade While Disconnected From Internet
    **Restore while disconnected from internet

Just a thought:

Imagine someone that doesnt usually have access to the internet once downloaded a copy of itunes say version 8.2. And they also have iPhone 3GS firmware 3.xx stored on their computer in case they needed to restore. If he gets his iPhone stuck on the apple logo screen and tries to restore, is there any way that Apple would be able to detect that he is trying to restore to a firmware older than iOS4?

I guess I'm trying to ask if its possible to restore to an earlier firmware if you arent connected to the internet?

Sorry if this is a silly idea and sorry for the silly story. I just don't see how Apple could register with your computer that certain firmwares are no longer signed if you don't have access to apple through the internet. I'm gonna try in a little bit.

Edit/ Never mind. It should have been obvious that you would need an internet connection at some point during the process
    Last edited by alexs0fly; 2010-07-04 at 05:27 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple needs to sign the firmware request so it's only possible while connected to the internet and iTunes version doesn't play a factor either.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Thanks

You'll get an error saying unable to connect to verification server.