Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official 4.0 to jailbroken GM 4.0 on 3GS????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Official 4.0 to jailbroken GM 4.0 on 3GS????
    hey guys just a quick question about ios 4.0 .
    i accidentally upgraded to 4.0 on my 3gs and im having a lot of difficulty restoring to 3.1.3 even though i have blobs on file with cydia. fyi i do know how to alter host files which i did but my problem is that i cant get out of the recovery mode loop and redsnow recovery mode loop exit doesn't work for me . my question is can i download a jailbroken version of GM 4.0 and install on a 3gs already running official 4.0?? any help would be greatly appreciated. I never realized how much having my jailbreak meant to me until now plz help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lex421 View Post
    hey guys just a quick question about ios 4.0 .
    i accidentally upgraded to 4.0 on my 3gs and im having a lot of difficulty restoring to 3.1.3 even though i have blobs on file with cydia. fyi i do know how to alter host files which i did but my problem is that i cant get out of the recovery mode loop and redsnow recovery mode loop exit doesn't work for me . my question is can i download a jailbroken version of GM 4.0 and install on a 3gs already running official 4.0?? any help would be greatly appreciated. I never realized how much having my jailbreak meant to me until now plz help
    You cannot restore from an official firmware to a Custom ( jailbroken firmware ) , if this is possible , all of us wouldn't be here.