Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 3GS Stuck on recovery, Unable to restore.

  1. #1
    Default 3GS Stuck on recovery, Unable to restore.
    Hi people im really stuck right now really pulling my hair out. Ive got a 3GS that is stuck in recovery mode. Im unable to restore as I kept getting error the requested build isnt eligible. Its currently on 3.1.2. I tried a custom 3.1.3 fw and now im getting error 1604. Im using iTunes 9.0.2.25. The 3GS does have shsh on saurik. Any Help please?

    Many Thanks

    I tried a custom 4.0 fw but get error 1600 in dfu or error 1604 in recovery. Can i restore using itunes to 4.0 and then downgrade to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2?

    Many Thanks
    Last edited by Smurf786; 2010-07-03 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf786 View Post
    Hi people im really stuck right now really pulling my hair out. Ive got a 3GS that is stuck in recovery mode. Im unable to restore as I kept getting error the requested build isnt eligible. Its currently on 3.1.2. I tried a custom 3.1.3 fw and now im getting error 1604. Im using iTunes 9.0.2.25. The 3GS does have shsh on saurik. Any Help please?

    Many Thanks

    I tried a custom 4.0 fw but get error 1600 in dfu or error 1604 in recovery. Can i restore using itunes to 4.0 and then downgrade to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2?

    Many Thanks
    Since you don't have the required shsh blogs, you can't restore to any version other than 4.0. You cannot restore to a custom firmware too because if you have the new bootrom. You have no option but to go with 4.0, sorry.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    Smurf786 (2010-07-03)

  4. #3
    Thanks mate im just downloading the update now. And by ShSh blogs do you mean in cydia as it was previously jailbroken and did have shsh on saurik? Ok Ive pressed restore and now its just telling me: The iPhone could not be restored. This device is'nt eligible for the requested build? Im not pressing shift restore just pressing restore.

    Thanks

  5. #4
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf786 View Post
    Thanks mate im just downloading the update now. And by ShSh blogs do you mean in cydia as it was previously jailbroken and did have shsh on saurik? Ok Ive pressed restore and now its just telling me: The iPhone could not be restored. This device is'nt eligible for the requested build? Im not pressing shift restore just pressing restore.

    Thanks
    If you have edited your hosts file, you have to edit out the pointing to Cydia, reboot and click the restore again.

  6. #5
    Ok ive checked host file but they dont have extra line on bottom. Tried restarting and doing again but same error. Ive tried it on another computer and same error still? When it connected to apple it downloaded 3.1.3 and not 4.0. Seems weird to me? Im confused been on it for hours now and not getting anywhere.

  7. #6
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    You mean to tell me you cannot even restore to official 4.0 ?

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    You mean to tell me you cannot even restore to official 4.0 ?
    @yeow202
    iam too facing the same situation! i cant even restore to ios4 original! i get an error "3201" any idea or solution to just restore the phone to 4, os that i can get out of this mess?
    WBR
    ReyTech.

  9. #8
    U need the most updated iTunes to get 4.0

  10. #9
    happened to me all day yesterday. was stuck on the connect to itunes screen half the day and the whole night.
    if you changed the value in your host file (directing itunes to saurik server), you should remove any thing you added and leave the default value/host file. uninstall itunes, restart your computer and install itunes 9.2. if you have any anti-virus/firewall, you may need to disable them briefly until you have your device restored. restore directly from apple, not from a downloaded fw. hope that helps.

  11. #10
    Hi ppl jus to let you know I updated my iTunes n managed to upgrade to 4.0 I was then able to downgrade to 3.1.3 to jailbreak. Thanks.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •