Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading multiple devices but jailbreaking one

Default Downgrading multiple devices but jailbreaking one
    I have an iPhone 3GS which was 3.1.2 jailbroken with shh on file. I recently updated iTunes to 9.2 and updated my 3GS along with another 3GS to 4.0. I found the update annoying and would
    like to be back to 3.1.2 and jailbroken. The thing is.. My dad doesn't care to jailbreak but prefers ios 4.0. Also have iPod touch unjailbroke running 3.1.2 currently. If
    I downgrade itunes etc. and get back to 3.1.2 on my 3GS and jailbreak it, will my dads 3GS remain on ios 4.0 and still sync with iTunes without any problems?

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

nope. itunes 9.2 is needed for ios4 to sync, almost 100%positive

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sgt.pepper For This Useful Post:

Joshtx1 (2010-07-03)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joshtx1 View Post
    I have an iPhone 3GS which was 3.1.2 jailbroken with shh on file. I recently updated iTunes to 9.2 and updated my 3GS along with another 3GS to 4.0. I found the update annoying and would
    like to be back to 3.1.2 and jailbroken. The thing is.. My dad doesn't care to jailbreak but prefers ios 4.0. Also have iPod touch unjailbroke running 3.1.2 currently. If
    I downgrade itunes etc. and get back to 3.1.2 on my 3GS and jailbreak it, will my dads 3GS remain on ios 4.0 and still sync with iTunes without any problems?
    You can still sync your 3.1.2 with Itunes 9.2, after you do your downgrade and everything is fine, upgrade your Itunes to 9.2 again. Then Dad and Son can use both the same Itunes, if you don't let your Dad sync his phone to itunes, he might be mad and kick you out...LOL..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Joshtx1 (2010-07-03)