Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Problems Downgrading From 4.0 to 3.1.3

  1. #1
    Default Problems Downgrading From 4.0 to 3.1.3
    I have an iphone 3gs with the new bootrom and IOS 4.0,
    Before i updated by mistake to 4.0 i had jailbroken my 3.1.3 using spirit.

    i have tried to downgrade to 3.1.3 but evertime i try,it always stick in recovery mode so i have to restore + update to 4.0 again,
    can someone help me to downgrade back down that actually works?

  2. #2
    Same problem here man. Tried all sorts of things - irecovery, umbrella, etc. Nothing seems to kick it out of recovery mode

    There was one guide that said to run a version of irecovery in a command prompt as "irecovery -s" and then you get a command line to enter further lines, but the window just opened and immediately closed for me. I left a reply on his thread, if he gets back to me, i'll get back on here.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdole3141 View Post
    Same problem here man. Tried all sorts of things - irecovery, umbrella, etc. Nothing seems to kick it out of recovery mode

    There was one guide that said to run a version of irecovery in a command prompt as "irecovery -s" and then you get a command line to enter further lines, but the window just opened and immediately closed for me. I left a reply on his thread, if he gets back to me, i'll get back on here.

    it sucks i really want all my old apps back but need to jailbreak it

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by T3LF View Post
    I have an iphone 3gs with the new bootrom and IOS 4.0,
    Before i updated by mistake to 4.0 i had jailbroken my 3.1.3 using spirit.

    i have tried to downgrade to 3.1.3 but evertime i try,it always stick in recovery mode so i have to restore + update to 4.0 again,
    can someone help me to downgrade back down that actually works?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdole3141 View Post
    Same problem here man. Tried all sorts of things - irecovery, umbrella, etc. Nothing seems to kick it out of recovery mode

    There was one guide that said to run a version of irecovery in a command prompt as "irecovery -s" and then you get a command line to enter further lines, but the window just opened and immediately closed for me. I left a reply on his thread, if he gets back to me, i'll get back on here.
    In order to downgrade iPhone 3G[S], you should have saved your SHSH on file/Blobs for the version you want to downgrade to.
    check out if you've saved it and then I can provide a step by step guide which would help you both.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

    T3LF (2010-07-01)

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    In order to downgrade iPhone 3G[S], you should have saved your SHSH on file/Blobs for the version you want to downgrade to.
    check out if you've saved it and then I can provide a step by step guide which would help you both.
    How do i find out if i have and is there a way to do it if you havent?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by T3LF View Post
    How do i find out if i have and is there a way to do it if you havent?
    download this tool The Firmware Umbrella
    click on Advanced Settings, then choose the firmware you want to check if you've got blobs for.
    Last edited by drmias; 2010-07-01 at 11:08 PM.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

    T3LF (2010-07-01)

  9. #7
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Try to use another computer that does not have Itunes 9.2 to get out of the recovery mode (error 1015)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    T3LF (2010-07-01)

  11. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Try to use another computer that does not have Itunes 9.2 to get out of the recovery mode (error 1015)
    if i manage to download an older version of itunes and try it will that make it more likely to work? and will i just have to hold shift and select the 3.1.3 firmware and thats it?

  12. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by T3LF View Post
    if i manage to download an older version of itunes and try it will that make it more likely to work? and will i just have to hold shift and select the 3.1.3 firmware and thats it?
    You'll also have error 1015 (WHICH IS GOOD SOMEHOW!) in order to pass it, you can use iReb (with itunes <9.2) by clicking on 'Fix Recovery-Mode Loop.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

    T3LF (2010-07-01)

  14. #10
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by T3LF View Post
    if i manage to download an older version of itunes and try it will that make it more likely to work? and will i just have to hold shift and select the 3.1.3 firmware and thats it?
    Unfortunately, downgrading Itunes is not an easy task to do.
    You have to uninstall itunes, apple application support, apple mobile device support, apple software update, Quicktime, Go to your music library and delete all the files Itunes folder and its subsidaries and finally run Ccleaner and reboot. Only then you can install Itunes of your choice. If you don't do all these, install or opening up Itunes will give you an error.

    That is why I ask if you have another pc not Itunes 9.2 and be able to use ireb 3.1.2 or quickpwn to work to be used just to boot your recovery Iphone up into emergency Screen.

  15. #11
    Hey yeow202, drmias (and others) - i thought this guy had his 3.1.3 shsh blobs backed up.

    I actually do have it backed up.

    My CURRENT situation, for utter clarity:
    3gs (new bootrom)
    ios4
    windows 7
    itunes 9.2
    3.1.3 SHSH blob backed up

    Methods tried:
    umbrella -> tss server -> select phone version, ecid, etc-> open itunes -> shift+restore -> correct 3.1.3 firmware -> error 1500, stuck in recovery mode, irec etc. does NOT kick it out.
    (also tried some weird method of running irecovery -s followed by other commands but when i type that into a command prompt, a new prompt window opens then immediately closes again, can't see it/pause it)

    Edit:
    I also have access to a few laptops where i can get onto itunes 9.1.1 or other (found a good site to dl any older version at http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php - seems safe but check for yourself before using anything off a link i provided)


    EDIT 2 - PLEASE READ
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ml#post5324391

    This flat out works. Brilliant guide. Problems solved, i'm back on 3.1.3.
    Last edited by bobdole3141; 2010-07-02 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •