Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why you shouldnt upgrade a 3G to 4.0

Default Why you shouldnt upgrade a 3G to 4.0
    To start i'd like to thank everyone that helped me over the last 2 days!

Here's the story - Over the last 2 days I have upgraded to 4.0, jailbroken it, reloaded all apps and settings etc, dowgraded to 3.1.3, rejailbroken and then reloaded all apps and settings, Lost countless hours of my life which i will never recover and torn out so much of my hair I now look like Kojak!

why????

Well I decided that the features on 4.0 were rather appealing so I (stupidly) upgraded. I was more than happy with 3.1.3 but greed got the best of me and I wanted more!

1st issue was it was a ballbreaker to Jailbreak (maybe that was me being a bit thick but I got there eventually)

2nd and most importantly the performance of my 3g was crippled! It turned my 3g Usain Bolt into a paralympic athlete! A paralympic athlete can still run but in comparison to Usain Bolt theres no contest! It was so slow it was practically unusable!

Put bluntly the added features of the upgrade are by far out weighed by the handicapping of performance.

I have now as I said above restored my phone back to 3.1.3 and after extensive physiotherapy Usain Bolt is back at his best!

In all seriousness, I would strongly recommend that anyone on a 3G do not upgrade to 4.0

To those of you on 3gs or higher it apparently works great! so yay for you! lol

I hope this is of some use to you guys as i know i wish i had seen a post like this before i upgraded!

i foolishly updated mine to 4.0 and HATE it as well, my question for you is how did you downgrade????

Thanks

<shift> restore back to 3.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by occhzd View Post
    i foolishly updated mine to 4.0 and HATE it as well, my question for you is how did you downgrade????
    Have a look at this post. this is what helped me
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/717...jailbreak.html

are you on 3g or 3gs?

even i upgraded my 3g to 4, dont knw wat to do ?

have a look at the link above and also have a look at this link Jailbreak Discussions | Facebook