Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Can I Downgrade/jailbreak my iPhone 3GS?

  1. #1
    Default Can I Downgrade/jailbreak my iPhone 3GS?
    I've tried to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS using pwnagetool and sn0wbreeze, both to no avail.

    i used f0recast to see if my iphone was unlockable/jailbreakable, and this is what i got:

    serial #: 879257H63NS
    baseband: 05.13.04
    bootloader: 6.4
    Model: MB718

    Jailbreakable? Yes! (don't upgrade)
    Unlockable: No
    Untethered: Yes

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Are you at official apple 4.0 ipsw?. If that is the case, you can't use custom firmware. you must be jailbroken prior to using cfw

  3. #3
    unfortunately...i'm using apple's official 4.0 ipsw

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Do you have 3.1.3 shsh on file with Cydia ?

  5. #5
    i bought the iphone used, and the previous owner said he had it jailbroken at 3.1.3, so i'm not sure if the shsh is on file with cydia..is there a way i can check?

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny.ly View Post
    i bought the iphone used, and the previous owner said he had it jailbroken at 3.1.3, so i'm not sure if the shsh is on file with cydia..is there a way i can check?
    Yes, Use Usbview and fw umbrella to check if you have it. If you have the 3.1.3 shsh file saved , when you click submit it will create a file in that umbrella folder.

    But you don't want to check, add this line to your hosts file. ( this is to point your Itunes to Cydia )
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    it is in this directory ; Cwindows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    save it , reboot
    Download the 3.1.3 ipsw
    Put your Iphone into DFU
    Do a shift + Restore
    You will get error 1015, you will need tools irecovery / rslite / quickpwn22 ( this tool is not for jailbreaking )but just to get out of recovery loop
    Once you are booted out, you will be at emergency screen
    Put in your official sim card
    Run Spirit jailbreak but Itunes must be < 9.2
    Unlock with Ultrasn0w.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    johnny.ly (2010-07-03)

  8. #7
    ok so everytime i try to restore to 3.1.3, or even 3.1.2, i get a build error, does this mean i'm screwed?

  9. #8
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny.ly View Post
    ok so everytime i try to restore to 3.1.3, or even 3.1.2, i get a build error, does this mean i'm screwed?
    Even you have edited your hosts file to Cydia and it still say that ineligible for the required build, I am afraid you are screwed. You can only go with official 4.0 firmware.

  10. #9
    even when i used tiny umbrella, put in my ECID, and selected 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and attempted to save it, it gave me the build error. when i selected 4.0 however, it didn't give me a build error. so does this mean the shsh files weren't saved with cydia?

  11. #10
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny.ly View Post
    even when i used tiny umbrella, put in my ECID, and selected 3.1.2, 3.1.3, and attempted to save it, it gave me the build error. when i selected 4.0 however, it didn't give me a build error. so does this mean the shsh files weren't saved with cydia?
    Yes , that is correct : you don't have 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 shsh saved, you can only restore to 4.0 and wait for jailbreak.

  12. #11
    Default Noob to the fullest
    I just bought a used 3GS 32 GB. I want to unlock this phone for Tmo and i want to JB.
    Im using a pc
    Version 4.0
    Model MB718LL
    fourth & fifth digit in serial 2 & 5
    modem FW 05.13.04

    I used f0recast to check my bootrom and it has the following
    Baseband 05.13.04
    bootloader 6.4
    model MB718

    JailBreakable BLANK
    Unlockable NO
    Tethered NO

    Id like to get pointed in the right direction if possible.

  13. #12
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by _amc_ View Post
    I just bought a used 3GS 32 GB. I want to unlock this phone for Tmo and i want to JB.
    Im using a pc
    Version 4.0
    Model MB718LL
    fourth & fifth digit in serial 2 & 5
    modem FW 05.13.04

    I used f0recast to check my bootrom and it has the following
    Baseband 05.13.04
    bootloader 6.4
    model MB718

    JailBreakable BLANK
    Unlockable NO
    Tethered NO

    Id like to get pointed in the right direction if possible.
    Old bootrom, but No shsh blogs , No downgrade means No jailbreak + Unlock.

  14. #13
    wwwwtttffff...there isnt anything i can do? wait forr somethin to come up perhaps or is there nothing i can do?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •