Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Help Help before I kill my iPhone!!!!

Default Help Help Help before I kill my iPhone!!!!
    After 2 days of doing all manner of stuff i am just about ready to kill my iphone!

Ok here's the deal,

I upgraded (stupidly) my iphone 3g to 4.0. I want to jailbreak it and have tried sn0wbreeze. This didnt work. I have tried to downgrade it to 3.1.3 but this keeps coming up with error 1015. I have tried recboot and other programs to solve this but they didnt work either. My phone was stuck in restore mode so i have re-updated to 4.0.

Can anyone tell me how to correctly jailbreak my phone?
    If i need to downgrade can anyone tell me how to correctly do it?
    and could you please tell me what programmes and files i need to download and have in place to do whatever it is i need to do!

to do this do i have to have registered my ECID on the cydia server? if so how do i do this and could i have done this previously without knowing?
    Last edited by gillard01; 2010-06-30 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If your on a regular 3g and official 4.0 download redsnow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CyrusTheVirus81 For This Useful Post:

gillard01 (2010-06-30)

Thank you, i'll give it a try and let you know. I may as well i've tried everything else! lol

Also, in addition to the above, to pass over 'error 1015' you can use iReb from www.ih8snw0w.com
    There's no need for ECID for 3G that stuff is only for 3GS.
    Last edited by drmias; 2010-06-30 at 06:22 PM.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

gillard01 (2010-06-30)

Job done guys! thanks for the help, only issue i've got now is iOS4 has turned my iphone from Usain Bolt into a paralympics athlete! think i'll be downgrading! just as soon as i can find out how to do it that is lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gillard01 View Post
    Job done guys! thanks for the help, only issue i've got now is iOS4 has turned my iphone from Usain Bolt into a paralympics athlete! think i'll be downgrading! just as soon as i can find out how to do it that is lol
    Rofl, i thought iOS4 was suppossed to make **** fast =/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ceo View Post
    Rofl, i thought iOS4 was suppossed to make **** fast =/
    Well put it this way, it improved my phone that much that after all the hassle of jailbreaking it i have now downgraded to 3.1.3 and rejailbroken it!! (Usain Bolt has recovered from his injuries)

putting iOS4.0 on a 3g just kills it! its processor isnt upto the job. I heard that its great on 3gs!

Agian thanks for all the help guys but I would strongly recommend that all 3g users stay with 3.1.3 and leave the handicap maker that is iOS4.0 well alone! lol