Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Local SHSH blob

Default Local SHSH blob
    Hello there, recently asked this on TIPB but no one seemed to even understand what i was saying.

Before upgrading to IOS4, i saved a copy of my SHSH blob - but ONLY on my local hard drive. I'm quite sure i didn't upload it to cydia/saurik's server (and i can't find it using the umbrella tool).

So, on my computer i have the only copy of my 3.1.3 SHSH blob.

Is there any way for me to use that blob to downgrade to 3.1.3?

If it's something very complicated with hundreds of steps stuck together from memory, i'd recommend just saying "no, you're screwed", because i'm a complete novice at jailbreaking (hence why i didn't jailbreak and only saved my blob).

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Thanks a lot man, i discovered where, locally, umbrella saved my SHSH blobs and moved my blob to there and bingo.

Thanks again!

Default and where?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdole3141 View Post
    Thanks a lot man, i discovered where, locally, umbrella saved my SHSH blobs and moved my blob to there and bingo.

Thanks again!
    please share where they are saved locally im on pc or mac
    regards

Because it varies on your operating system and i don't have a mac, i'll give you the method:

Open umbrella, save your 4.0 shsh blob.
    Now search your PC for "*.shsh" - bingo, you have your location.
    For example, mine are stored in win7 under "C\Users\<myname>\.shsh"
    (Make sure you can see hidden or protected file types and folders)
    Last edited by bobdole3141; 2010-07-14 at 09:55 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bobdole3141 For This Useful Post:

ryantcb (2010-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by ryantcb View Post
    please share where they are saved locally im on pc or mac
    regards
    On your mac, the .shsh file might be located on your desktop (if the application that you used gives you the option to store it there) or in ~/.shsh (if you're not given the option). The latter is not searchable by default, since it's in a directory that starts with a '.'

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eserfeliz For This Useful Post:

ryantcb (2010-07-14)

I have the blob.shsh file i just want to add it to the tinyumbrells folder as i saved it onto my hard drive but didnt upload to cydia.

Then just do as i told you. If your mac is so limited that you're not allowed to search a directory beginning with ., just do it on windows - you said you have both.

I mean you should have already solved this problem after reading my previous post, did you even read what i told you to do? Regardless, here is the retard rundown:

First do this:
    (win7)
    1. Double click "my computer" on your desktop
    2. Click organise, top left
    3. Select "folder and search options"
    4. Click view and scroll down a bit, put a dot in the box next to "show hidden files, folders, and drives"
    5. Click "ok"

Now this:
    (win7)
    1. Open tinyumbrella
    2. Save your 4.0 blob
    3. Start-> search bar-> type "*.shsh" (without the quotes)
    4. Right click the .shsh file that it locates and click "open file location"
    5. Copy your locally saved .shsh file into that directory.
    6. Next time you open tinyumbrella, it will say that it has your locally backed up .shsh file.

Now, if you're unable to save your .shsh blob cos you're not on 4.0 (and you don't realise you could upgrade to 4.0 because you have your .shsh blob saved), you can do this:

(win7)
    1. Browse to c\users\<username>
    2. Right click somewhere and create a new folder.
    3. Call this folder ".shsh".
    4. Copy your locally saved .shsh blob into that folder.
    5. Run tinyumbrella and profit.

^ FACT: on windows7, tinyumbrella looks in c\users\<username>\.shsh for locally stored .shsh blobs.
    (I imagine that on windows vista it's the same, and on previous versions of windows it'll be somewhere under documents and settings, find the folder relating to your username, then make a new folder in there called .shsh)

You can do the same steps in the other versions of windows as well, the steps are very similar but the windows versions sometimes put things in different places, i've given you enough information for everyone but a complete novice mouth-breathing dribbler to solve the problem in the OP.

If you need any more, someone else is gonna have to take over, i've explained as best i can.
    Last edited by bobdole3141; 2010-07-14 at 09:55 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bobdole3141 For This Useful Post:

ryantcb (2010-07-15)

I have doen the steps above and dragged my blob.shsh file to the .shsh folder. umbrella confirms it but i just cant downgrade to it. i think i dont have it on cydia server and only locally. how can I host the file myself and have itunes use my local server or how can i manually upload it to cydia (without using the iphone)

anyone know what the TSS server in umbrella is for?

anyone know what the TSS server in umbrella is for?
    i think when you modify your host file, instead of pointing to apple's server or saurik's server, the local TSS server receives the request for the .shsh file

127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com = your TSS server

Ryan, you have to activate the TSS server and THEN do your downgrade.

That should solve your first problem, but i suspect you will run into more, because downgrading is a bit more complex than i think you realise, try following a guide such as this one:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html

This will take you by the hand, step by step through the process of downgrading, because it's more complicated than just running umbrella+shift restore.

You have to run umbrella, start tss server, shift restore, get an error, move some files, run another program - following the guide above will guide you through it so that you can downgrade. That's where i learnt to do it!
    Last edited by bobdole3141; 2010-07-15 at 04:37 PM.

Default here is my prob
    Ryan, you have to activate the TSS server and THEN do your downgrade.

That should solve your first problem, but i suspect you will run into more, because downgrading is a bit more complex than i think you realise, try following a guide such as this one:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html

This will take you by the hand, step by step through the process of downgrading, because it's more complicated than just running umbrella+shift restore.

You have to run umbrella, start tss server, shift restore, get an error, move some files, run another program - following the guide above will guide you through it so that you can downgrade. That's where i learnt to do it!
    Here are some pics to explain my dilema

I start tinyUmbrella and connect my iphone (refurbished so has MC model but old iboot 359.3)

I start the TSS SERVER

Once connected I display the current SHSH's

It shows that I have SHSH's saved for 3GS -4.0 (Current version) 3.1.3 and 3.1.2(for an ipod 2g which is strange as I never owned an ipod)

Here it confirms the SHSH files are on the server

I ask cydia again to save the SHSH for the ipod 2G 3.1.2, it says they are successfully saved

I ask cydia again to save the SHSH for the iphone 3GS 4.0, it says they are successfully saved

I ask cydia again to save the SHSH for the iphone 3GS 3.1.3, it says cydia does not have SHSH for iphone 3GS 3.1.3

Why does it not have the 3.1.3 after saying it does?
    Can I upload it to sauriks server another way?
    can i host the file myself and direct itunes to a local address to sign off the 3.1.3 firmware using the 3.1.3.shsh file I have?

I'll take a look over this tomorrow unless someone else solves it, it's late for me.

Ok, ryan - is this all you are doing? You load umbrella, try to get your shsh blob on saurik's server, it fails, so you quit trying?

I'm getting lost in all your extra moves here, for me it was as simple as this:
    1. Copy my backed-up 3.1.3 shsh blob into the users\<username>\.shsh directory
    2. Load tinyumbrella.
    3. Click display SHSHs.
    4. It says that i can restore a device to 3.1.3 safely.
    5. I click start tss server, then minimise tinyumbrella.
    6. I put my phone into dfu mode then connect it via USB.
    7. iTunes opens, gives me the message.
    8. I hold shift and click the restore button, select the 3.1.3 ipsw firmware from my hard drive.
    9. It does it, but gives me an error at the end - that is normal.
    10. I close iTunes, browse to "C\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support"
    11. I copy all of the files in this directory into a new subdirectory called "bin"
    12. I run "quickpwn" from the ultimate downgrade thread i previously linked and follow the on-screen instructions.
    13. My phone boots normally, as a 3.1.3 device.
    (Note that steps 6 to 13 is all taken directly from the previously linked "ultmate downgrade" thread, that thread is far better than my brief explanation here.)

The program is clever enough to use the shsh blob from your hard drive. When the program says it has it on record and a downgrade will succeed, TRUST WHAT IT SAYS. Just do the downgrade, don't try any fancy ****. The downgrade WILL WORK.

You don't need it on saurik's server, you just need it to appear in tinyumbrella. So whilst we can't upload our local shsh copy to cydia, we don't need to.

-----------------------------

As far as i can guess at what you're trying to do in all those over-complicated screenshots, it looks like you're trying to copy your file to cydia's server somehow. But that's not what you're doing in those pics - you're trying to save a new shsh (over writing the previously saved one). So you're making cydia go to apple and request a new signature so that it can save the .shsh blob.

It does that for ios4, because ios4 is current - apple is still signing that. It does it for your ipod because ipods are different (i think, i don't own one but i've read that). But it CANNOT save a new shsh for 3gs 3.1.3 because apple no longer signs those.

What you're doing is wrong and needlessly complicated - put your shsh blob in the correct directory on your hard drive and umbrella will recognise it. Once umbrella recognises the shsh blob for your phone - once it appears in that list - the downgrade will work.
    Last edited by bobdole3141; 2010-07-16 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bobdole3141 For This Useful Post:

ryantcb (2010-07-16)

OMG!!! I did it
    I was on a MAC but it still worked, I have no idea what was blocking it before!!
    I followed the steps above 1-10 and then got the 1015 error, CMD-Q itunes and used RecBoot.app to kick iphone out of restore mode.
    and now i have 3.1.3

I am so thankful to Bobdole3141

p.s I liked the features on 4.0 it seems to have been the only noticeable upgrade in a while, I will go to 4.0 again as soon as there is a jailbreak!

Cognratulations, and glad i could help. I just constantly flit between 4 and 3.1.3JB,

I went back to 3.1.3 ,which is amazing cos I was on 3.1.2 before i had to restore yet somehow I had the blob for 3.1.3 saved on my hard drive and never ever used 3.1.3. I then used spirit to jailbreak the 3.1.3 and then used pwnage on the mac to upgrade to a jailbroken 4.0.
    It appears that having blobs saved is so very important. phew that I happened to do just that months ago.
    agin thanks bob

Thanks
    Default Nomenclature
    1. Copy my backed-up 3.1.3 shsh blob into the users<username>.shsh directory
    Is the name of the *.shsh relevant, or just the location? Do I have to maintain the the xxxxxxxxxxxx-iphone-X.X.X.shsh naming system where xxxx... is my ECID and X.X... is the firmware I'm trying to restore?

I,m having trouble getting shsh blob from saurik sever I know I have 3.1.3 and 4.0 and4.1 saved on the sever but i can not seem to find them I run tiny umbrella but it can only find 4.0 so I downgraded to 4.0 on 3GS and tried to run jailbreakme but it keeps crashing I want to downgrade to 4.1 to see if that works but it will not let me please help the iPhone is boring with out my jailbreak

Thanks
    Default 4.0.1 bro
    Unless Apple has stopped signing 4.0.1 you can always just restore to that and then use jailbreakme.com, no SHSH blobs required (because they're still signing it) once you do restore make sure you save those shsh blobs cause you might need them in 6 months time. If the jailbreak keeps crashing then do a restore to factory default (the button that actually says 'restore' in itunes) and then try the jailbreak. If you do that restore make sure you make the appropriate backups.

Thanks oh do u know were I can download 3GS 4.0.1 I keep seeing the beta but I can't use it because I,m not a dev and apple will not activate my phone so I have to upgrade to 4.0.2 hope someone can help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast