Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 4.0 to 3.1.3

Exclamation Downgrading from 4.0 to 3.1.3
    Guys I am desperate!

I have tried to jailbreak 4.0 using sn0wbreeze but when I download the ipsw file and extract it, it shows the folders but no files. I have tried a few different downloads and the same result. I know i'm missing something here!

So then I thought i'd just downgrade the OS back to 3.1.3 but the exact same problem is happening.

PLEASE tell me what to do and where im going wrong!

Well which device do you have? 3G\3G[s]? if 3G[s] do you have BLOBS for 3.1.3?
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

Just delete the .zip from the end and it should change into the one file. At least, this is what I had to do a few days ago.

Thanks

You don't extract the ipsw, you rename the extension to .ipsw

all sorted now i think, i jailbroke 4.0 but that does have its own seperate issues

many thanks

To anyone on a 3G, i would strongly recommend staying with 3.1.3 and upgrading to 4.0 as it cripples your phone! it slows it down so much its almost unusable.

3GS users from what i have heard it works great on your phones! (i'm not at all envious about that, honest! even though i've spent 2 days upgrading, jailbreaking, reloading to just have to downgrade, rejailbreak and reload again!) lol
    Last edited by gillard01; 2010-07-01 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i hava a 3gs that was jailbreak/unlock 3.1.2 via pwnage then i put it on recovery mode thinking that it was like the 3g but big mistake. this is a 3gs 32gb i think old bootrom according to serial number this one is week 27 . my question is Can i downgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 to put with tmobile. also in regard shsh i dont even knew about this crab til today reading lots of forums. please someone that can help me please lol