Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Iphone 3GS (Old Bootrom)Spirit Jailbreak to new iOS4

Default How to Jailbreak Iphone 3GS (Old Bootrom)Spirit Jailbreak to new iOS4
    Hi All I don't post much but I was able to upgrade from an Iphone 3GS (old bootrom) with Spirit 3.1.3, to iOS 4.0(stock) then downgrade to Iphone 3GS 3.1.2 then use Blackra1n to jailbreak and then upgrade on Itunes 9.2 (newest) using Sn0wbreeze Custom using Sn0wbreeze v1.6.1.

*Note this was a tip from a different user that some people can be affected if they dont use pwnage 4.0.1 to create that custom firmware besides using non ibooks fix way. Correct me if I am wrong, let me know if you guys have any problems.

The Steps I did below;
    Also Please be around a WIFI source to download CYDIA from Blackra1n.
    *Note, must have 3.1.2 SHSH blob backed up + Old Bootrom

No Need to downgrade to Itunes 9.1.1.12, You can use Itunes 9.2
    4. In Windows (Change Host File) to point to Saurik's Server,Changed my CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (edit with notepad) and add this below Saurik Server (74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com)
    5-6. Open Itunes and hold Shift Restore, point to Iphone2, 3.1.2stockfirmware.

7. You will then click okay and start the restore process, you will get an error (1015) which means you did this part correctly.

8. Please download and Run Blackra1n.
    9. Blackra1n will remove the "Connect to Itunes" after the above restore to 3.1.2.

Once you've done this, you won't have cell signal, but you will need to connect to a wifi Source to do the next steps.
    10. Once Blackra1n has finished, your iphone will boot and you will be on Baseband (5.13.04). You will not have Cell signal, which I did not at the time of my jailbreak.

11. Next, please connect to a wifi signal and open blackra1n and install "Cydia".

12. Open cydia and do a complete upgrade when prompted (Still connected to wifi).
    13. Once all updates are completed, please open Cydia and add repo (ultrasn0w.com) this will allow the package of "Ultrasn0w". Which then you will select ultrasn0w and download to your iphone 3gs with old bootrom running baseband 5.13.04 and 3.1.2.

14. When you reboot, you will notice that you will have signal (AT&T) legit. Now, you will cook up a firmware using Sn0wBreeze V1.6.1 pointed to Iphone2, 4.0 OS.

15. Now before you do any other steps after step 114, please upgrade your itunes to 9.2. Do A restart on the computer.
    16. When restart is completed, connect your iphone to Itunes 9.2 and then Itunes will ask for an update etc, say no, and hold shift+restore button.
    17. Please point the restore to the cooked Sn0wbreeze Firmware using Sn0wbreeze v1.6.1 iOS4.
    18. Watch your phone restore with the newly jailbroken iOS4 on iphone 3gs Old Bootrom.

Thanks sorry I made the above in a rush. Any questions, just post.

For Those who want to use Blackra1n but are getting an error, here make sure you download B.R. Fixer here Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

All when Using Blackra1n on 3.1.2, the Youtube App tends to stop working, here is the fix below;

Open Cydia --> Mange--> Sources--> Add-->macOSmovil Cydia Repo Once added, search for "Push Fix" and install this item. Once installed you will be prompted for a reboot, and after your reboot you are all set to go.

Thanks

Hope this helps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dpetrill For This Useful Post:

djtrustnoone (2010-07-08)

Default eh
    I followed the instructions and everything seemed to be going well... Once I selected the snowbreeze created ipsw, it began loading as usual and the little snowflake icon thing displayed on the phone during the restore.. BUTTTT it gave me the error message 2 saying it couldn't restore this firmware and the phone is now on the recovery mode screen. what did I do wrong? any thoughts?

Have you ever downgraded from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2?

Okay for old bootrom, what I found works best is downgrading to Itunes 9.1.1.12, I also changed the etc/hosts file to add ("saurik Server") to test this I pinged "gs.apple.com" and got the right out. If you've never downgraded from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2, then most likely you never had shsh saved/backed on Saurik's server, to test this open Cydia and look for in the The first subsection labeled "Cydia" at the top you will see a title labeled "Home - Cydia", if you look right under this "Home - Cydia" you will see in green lettering, "This device has SHSH's on file for Iphone OS: 3.1.2, 3.1.3 or 3.1.2. For those who are using Iphone 3GS old bootrom with 3.1.3 and never have jailbroken iphone 3GS (old bootrom) while on 3.1.2, then I dont think this tut can work for you. As far as I know I have not tested using Umbrella and saving your own SHSH on "Localhost" as a source of itunes to check "gs.apple.com"
    Last edited by dpetrill; 2010-06-30 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost