Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 4.0 to 3.1.3 with SHSH on file error 3194 help??

iPhone? More like MyPhone hnic247's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Downgrade 4.0 to 3.1.3 with SHSH on file error 3194 help??
    I have been trying to do this for days now and I'm following everything perfectly I think...do I change the file host.txt or the file host.nav and can somebody post a screenshot of theirs because I must be putting it in wrong or something..please help...do I add a number sign to the left of it?...I'm on iTunes 9.2 I tried 9.0 didn't work either..in desperate need of help..

Anybody please any input is much appreciated
    Last edited by hnic247; 2010-06-29 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bump. Gettin same error message with NO luck

iPhone? More like MyPhone hnic247's Avatar
    Thanks

i have a feeling that were doing something wrong with the host file or something
    HIGH QUALITY BEATS FOR HIGH QUALITY ARTISTS

....MYSPACE.COM/GOTBEATS856.....

I'm in the same situation, shsh on file but when i try to save it won't let me and getting same error 3194 somebody please help us.

Same thing here except windows xp. redirected host file and still get 3194 error. so I am guessing the new bootrom screwed me?

I don't post here much but this is what I did to get mine to work.

FYI, I had a 3.1.2 SHSH file saved to cydia before upgrading to iOS4.

I also have the newer bootrom (version 05.13.04 so I know this works)

I used the following for the host file (paste at bottom of file):

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

restart iTunes if you already have it open (close/reopen program)

after that, put the iphone in DFU mode (hold power + home button until the apple logo shows up, let got of the power button until the usb/itunes icon shows up, then let go)

hold the shift button then click restore, then choose the downgraded firmware that you used to save the SHSH file previously (for me that would be 3.1.2), it will go through the process then give you the 1015 error (or whatever it is). At this point, follow the other post to get rid of the error, then jailbreak the phone.

If you want to upgrade to a jailbroken iOS4, use Sn0wbreeze 1.6.1

to unlock the phone, use Ultrasn0w .93 through Cydia.

I did all this tonight over the hour and it works.

good luck
    Last edited by trojan21; 2010-06-29 at 08:08 AM. Reason: add more details

When you use the "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    " for the host file, do you change old number with the new numbers or just add it directly underneath the old numbers.

I tried everything and it wouldn't work....this morning I finally added that string value to the hosts.umbrella vs just hosts file. Seemed to do the trick finally...thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanolic View Post
    When you use the "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    " for the host file, do you change old number with the new numbers or just add it directly underneath the old numbers.

Sorry for the late reply, as far as I know, you don't change any of those numbers since it will point to saurik's servers to validate the firmware instead of the default (which points to apple's servers).

I used to get the same error, but it was because my host file was wrong. Make sure the IP address for the localhost is the same as mine, if it's different, change mine to what yours is. I just copied this one from another member and it worked.

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost

after I did this it went to error 1015 so I couldnt do anything...I finally tried blackra1n and it went to a black screen...I reset the iphone and it finally booted back up and now I have 3.1.3 with 5.13.01...bootrom is still same though...Im gonna try to install 4.0 like others next again..lol

Quote Originally Posted by romeoz View Post
    after I did this it went to error 1015 so I couldnt do anything...I finally tried blackra1n and it went to a black screen...I reset the iphone and it finally booted back up and now I have 3.1.3 with 5.13.01...bootrom is still same though...Im gonna try to install 4.0 like others next again..lol
    Hey romeoz,

after you error out, you need to use quickpwn to finalize the downgrade. Just follow the instructions on the "ultimate downgrade tutorial", you can find it within this forum.

Also, since you are using blackrain, you need to put the executable file within the itunes mobile device subfolder (I think that is the correct folder but since I'm at work, I can't check). If you don't, then it cannot communicate with the iphone since apple tweaked the phone software to only communicate through itunes. By doing this, you are tricking the phone that blackrain is valid.

How do u save the host file i cant save it with 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com added it says need admin ******** to save?