Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Successfully downgraded to 3.1.2, but now no service

Default Successfully downgraded to 3.1.2, but now no service
    I downgraded to 3.1.2 rfom 4.0, but now I have no service, and also itunes will not let me restore from backup, it throws an error message saying "iphone software too old to restore from backup, please upgrade"....anyone else having this trouble, or any solutions?

If you have a Mac you are now able to restore through Pwnage tool with 3.1.x to fix the service. And yeah, 4.0 backups wont restore with 3.1.x software because the 3.1.x software is too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Safari View Post
    If you have a Mac you are now able to restore through Pwnage tool with 3.1.x to fix the service. And yeah, 4.0 backups wont restore with 3.1.x software because the 3.1.x software is too old.
    Yeah, I am a windows 7 user, and I also tried to restore to one of my 3.1.2 backups from back in december, and that failed. So, is there not a way to downgrade and keep service using a pc?

I second this I just succesfully downgraded from 4.0 (3gs new bootrom) to 3.1.2 but I have no service as well. Everything else seems to work fine.

I am a windows 7 user, 64 bit, help would be apreciated

hi guys

please help me

i have iphone 3gs locked (new bootrom)
    i do upgrade from 3.1.2 to 4.0 but i can't unlock my iphone

now i want downgraded to 3.1.2
    my iphone registered in the cydia server (firmware 3.1.2)
    i have windows vista, 32 bit,

please helo me

Thanks

I had the same problem. I right clicked on where it says if you want to restore from backup yourname iphone whatever you have. A list of previous backups will come up. I picked one and restored my backup. I have itunes 9.2. PC. Worked for me.

Bump... same issue.

iPhone 3G. Successfully got to 3.1.2 and jailbroken, but no service. Can't backup because of same thing OP said.

How can I get service again?

You may want to try Ultrasn0w to get your service.

Open Cydia, add repo666.ultrasn0w.com and install ultrasn0w.

Hope you get your service back.