Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help w/3Gs in recovery mode

Default Help w/3Gs in recovery mode
    Ok here's the setup, I have a 3Gs that is/was on 3.1.3. A friend told me I could flash it with a custom iOS4 firmware so I went to restore (shift click on windows) and went to restore it with that firmware..never fully flashed it cause it gave me a 1604 error, so then I went to flash it to 3.1.3 and it gives me a incompatible firmware pop up when I try and restore it to a stock 3.1.3 file. I've tried everything that I can to try and get it back to the stock 3.1.3 but I can't seem to get it. I was told the phone was never jailbroken so I'm betting the SHSH files aren't hosted. I used umbrella to try and find them but it couldn't find anything.

So am I stuck with going to iOS4? I really don't want to cause I want to be able to unlock it so I can use it on TMobile but I'm at a loss on what to do next

Thanks

With no SHSH files, you are stuck going to 4.0 and wait for a new Jailbreak.

So I have to go to OS4 even though it always threw up a error when I was trying to do anything?

I also tried to jailbreak os 4 on 3gs,3.1.3...error 1604 was dsplayed while updating in itune...now my iphone is stucked in recovery mode...
    neither i became able to upgrade to firmware 4 nor i could return back...
    what are the reasons behind all that???i tried lot to solve the problem i became unable to do..now what should i do???

Crap now it seems to not even detect in iTunes...guess I gotta make a trip to the Apple store cause I'm not sure what else to do

Yeah, just tell Apple you tried to upgrade to 4.0 and now it is stuck in a boot sequence...they willjust replace it and send you home with a new one

or just upgrade to 4.0 and hold out for the next JB to come out- which should not be long
    Last edited by iTone; 2010-06-29 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.

Unfortunately it wasn't toast and they loaded OS 4 on it so now I have a 3Gs with new bootrom and wasn't jailbroken previously so I guess I'll have to wait til the jailbreak comes out so I can unlock this