Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about SHSH and downgrading

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question about SHSH and downgrading
    I am stupid I know I updated to 4.0. I installed 3.1.3 about 2 - 3 weeks ago and used spirit to jailbreak it. After I jailbroke 3.1.3 2-3 weeks ago I went into cydia and told it to to save the SHSH. I have found out talking to another person that since it was only a few weeks ago that my shsh may not be on file or something like that. I have changed the host file tried to shift click restore and go back to 3.1.3 and 3.1.2. I keep getting error 3194 I think it is. I have done this in DFU mode and not in DFU mode. I have a 3GS running old bootrom.

My question is since I don't have cydia on my phone is there away to check and see if my shsh is on file with cydia?

Thanks for the help.

Mike

There is a program called umbrella that might help you. It stores your current shsh and has a function to verify they are stored. Maybe just launching the cydia shsh server with this program will tell you if your blobs are stored even if you stored them some other way. Can't hurt to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by n612ua View Post
    I am stupid I know I updated to 4.0. I installed 3.1.3 about 2 - 3 weeks ago and used spirit to jailbreak it. After I jailbroke 3.1.3 2-3 weeks ago I went into cydia and told it to to save the SHSH. I have found out talking to another person that since it was only a few weeks ago that my shsh may not be on file or something like that. I have changed the host file tried to shift click restore and go back to 3.1.3 and 3.1.2. I keep getting error 3194 I think it is. I have done this in DFU mode and not in DFU mode. I have a 3GS running old bootrom.

My question is since I don't have cydia on my phone is there away to check and see if my shsh is on file with cydia?

Thanks for the help.

Mike
    Yes, there is.

Download a program called TinyUmbrella. The Firmware Umbrella

Make sure your phone is connected via USB. Run the program, click the "Advanced Options" check mark, and select the correct firmware version that your SHSH's were saved at (in this case, 3.1.3), then click "Save my SHSH". It should grab your blobs from Saurik's server. If none are there for you, it'll let you know.
    To my knowledge, if you only have blobs for 3.1.3 on file, then you can only downgrade to 3.1.3, not 3.1.2.

You can also use TinyUmbrella to automatically start a TSS Server to trick iTunes. Once you've grabbed your SHSH blobs, Umbrella with automatically cache them. Just hit "Start TSS server" and you're done (it'll automatically edit your hosts file). Now run iTunes and do the custom restore and you should be good.
    I personally did it this way because I had trouble accessing Saurik's server directly, and this method worked like a charm.
    Last edited by JoeyChestnut; 2010-06-28 at 04:30 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the help. I just downloaded it and all I get is a message saying

Processing SHSH Request... >> This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

I guess it did not take when I did it and I will have to wait until a JB comes out for a non JB 4.0. Hopefully it wont be much longer.

Thanks for the help guys.