Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: have shsh files but still cant d/g

Cool have shsh files but still cant d/g
    im new to the forum but i am no noob. i have followed the scene since august of last year when i bought my first iphone. i never post in forums bc i always google and always find my answer. this time however, i have been stumped in a way that google is not my friend.

my specs: iphone 3gs 16gb old botroom ios4

my story: it all started on a dark and dreary monday afternoon. i was anxious and decided to update my jb 3.1.2 iphone to the brand spanking new ios4. i made sure my shsh was uploaded to cydias saurik server and continued on my merry way.

the next day devteam released the tools for jbing ios4; this is where my headache begain. i kinow i have to d/g my iphone to 3.1.2 than jb 3.1.2 using pwnagetool than update to the beautiful jb ios4. i tried d/g by changing my host files to confuse itunes into thinkin sauriks server was apple. error 3002. than i decided to use umbrella and manually dl my shsh and use a tss host. error 3002. umbrellas debug window tells me that "i missed the boat" and my shsh is not on file. thats bs because i have it saved on my pc when i dled it from saurik.

can the shsh from sauriks server been wrong or corrupt? i dled the shsh from cudia again using umbrella and yielded the same results.

help a brotha out please. thanks in advance and i really appreciate any and all help.

edit: heres the log from umbrella

>> The Firmware Umbrella - v4.00.19 by semaphore >> Connect a device to continue... >> Caching shsh files... >> Found [1] shsh files to cache... >> Cached [1] shsh files >> TSS Server Started! >> TSS Accepting connections... >> TSS Accepting connections... >> Received Blob request... >> REQUEST:%3C%3Fxml+version%3D%221.0%22+encoding%3D% 22UTF-8%22%3F%3E%0A%3C%21DOCTYPE+plist+PUBLIC+%22-%2F%2FApple%2F%2FDTD+Cdata
    ...more jibberish...
    %3D%3D%0A%09%09%3C%2Fdata%3E%0A%09%09%3Ckey%3ETrus ted%3C%2Fkey%3E%0A%09%09%3Ctrue%2F%3E%0A%09%3C%2Fd ict%3E%0A%3C%2Fdict%3E%0A%3C%2Fplist%3E%0A >> Parsed incoming request version [iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18)] >> Requested [iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18)-] >> Requested [iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18)-] version does not exist! This means you do not have the SHSH for this build and device. (You missed the boat sorry). >> Wrote TSS respons
    Last edited by gutts10; 2010-06-28 at 04:10 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gutts10 For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (2010-07-01)

In TinyUmbrella, please click the "Display SHSHs" button, and tell us what's listed there.

Are you sure it has iPhone 3Gs 3.1.3 listed there? You said you were trying to downgrade to 3.1.2, yet the log says you requested 3.1.3.
    Last edited by JoeyChestnut; 2010-06-28 at 05:31 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyChestnut For This Useful Post:

Andre8521 (2010-07-01)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyChestnut View Post
    In TinyUmbrella, please click the "Display SHSHs" button, and tell us what's listed there.

Are you sure it has iPhone 3Gs 3.1.3 listed there? You said you were trying to downgrade to 3.1.2, yet the log says you requested 3.1.3.

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. I never had 3.1.3 on my phone so I assumed that saurik would have my 3.1.2 blobs. Unfortunatly, I uploaded my blobs after the new 3,1.3 firmware was released and saurik can only get the signatures from apple for 313 firmware regardless of the firmware on my phone.

I have, finally, dg to 313 but now a new problem arose. I can't jailbreak 313 without having a proper 312 jailbreak installed on my iPhone. This leaves me up $h!ts creak without a paddle bcni do not want to use spirit.

Please remember that my ultimate goal is to upgrade to a in 4.0. I wouldn't have done the upgrade if knew that 313 was stored and not 312 like I thought it was. Anyway, please offer assistance. Please and thank yous all around.