Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my shsh was saved with 3.1.3 cydia I want to downgrade

Default my shsh was saved with 3.1.3 cydia I want to downgrade
    I'm now on

iboot 359.3 old bootrom
    firmware 5.13.4
    iOS 4.0
    itunes 9.2

was on 3.1.3 jailbreak with spirite and saved my SHSH with cydia then

this spirite caused a lot of problems with a lot of phones ! didn't it !

you would of thought comex would of had a fix for this problem by now !

what's the easiest way of doing a downgrade back to 3.1.3 ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by codester3388 View Post
    I'm using a mac

The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

a lot of negatives in that thread ! I didn't see anyone confirm a working fix. Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by justabrake View Post
    a lot of negatives in that thread ! I didn't see anyone confirm a working fix. Thanks anyway
    Here's another downgrade guide: Downgrade iOS 4 iPhone 3GS, 3G to iPhone 3.1.3 / 3.1.2 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

It's almost the same. It works perfectly if you follow the instructions. It's the only way to downgrade as of now, so you have no other choice.

I've personally used it to downgrade from iOS 4 to 3.1.3, so I can confirm it's working.

Also, here's another tip: Instead of changing your hosts file, you can download a program called TinyUmbrella and have it do it for you (it also grabs your SHSH from Saurik's server and stores it locally for safe keeping).

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyChestnut View Post
    Here's another downgrade guide: Downgrade iOS 4 iPhone 3GS, 3G to iPhone 3.1.3 / 3.1.2 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

It's almost the same. It works perfectly if you follow the instructions. It's the only way to downgrade as of now, so you have no other choice.

I've personally used it to downgrade from iOS 4 to 3.1.3, so I can confirm it's working.

Also, here's another tip: Instead of changing your hosts file, you can download a program called TinyUmbrella and have it do it for you (it also grabs your SHSH from Saurik's server and stores it locally for safe keeping).
    i did that earlier today and it didn't work. got it from another site

i did that earlier today and it didn't work. got it from another site
    Which part didn't it work at?

Also, I had similar problems accessing Saurik's server directly when I downgraded. I had to use TinyUmbrella, which worked for me.

Read my post here: http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ml#post5315739

Try following those steps.

Which part didn't it work at?

Also, I had similar problems accessing Saurik's server directly when I downgraded. I had to use TinyUmbrella, which worked for me.

Read my post here: http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ml#post5315739

Try following those steps.
    after I saved it to desktop and then nothing happened after that point and then I read below where a few people responded with nothing positive to say, so I gave up because it wasn't going anywhere for me either

I think it kept saying I don't have permissions !
    Last edited by justabrake; 2010-06-28 at 04:46 AM. Reason: updated

after I saved it to desktop and then nothing happened after that point and then I read below where a few people responded with nothing positive to say, so I gave up because it wasn't going anywhere for me either

I think it kept saying I don't have permissions !
    You saved TinyUmbrella to your desktop, tried to run it and then it says you don't have permission?

Are you using a Mac or PC? On PC, you might have to right-click and select "Run as Administrator" to get it to run right.
    On Mac, make sure you're logged into the Admin account, and enter your password when it asks for it.

Is that what's happening?

You saved TinyUmbrella to your desktop, tried to run it and then it says you don't have permission?

Are you using a Mac or PC? On PC, you might have to right-click and select "Run as Administrator" to get it to run right.
    On Mac, make sure you're logged into the Admin account, and enter your password when it asks for it.

Is that what's happening?
    I'd got to the point where it said it's preparing to install but then it comes up with an error I think it was 1604, I ran tinyumbrella and I only see my shsh from my iphone not the one I saved with 3.1.3
    I had to use recboot to get my iphone out of lock