Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Device Isn't Eligible Error/iTunes Error 1604

Default Device Isn't Eligible Error/iTunes Error 1604
    I have an iPhone 3GS (never jailbroken before) with iOS4 and bootrom 359.3 along with a MacBook Pro with iTunes 9.2. Since it's never been jailbroken before, the "Make My Life Easier" button has never been pressed while it had 3.x.

When I try to jailbreak the device using PwnageTool, iTunes gives me error 1604 after trying to load in the custom firmware. Then, if I try to downgrade the device, I get an error from iTunes that the iPhone isn't eligible for the requested build when downgrading to 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.

Am I out of alternatives or am I completely missing something? Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Same here... Started with a new 3gs at 3.1.3 with 05.12.01 baseband, jailbroke and unlocked it, and now stuck in iOS 4 with no SHSH blobs cached.

I thought I'd pressed "Make My Life Easier" but it appears not to have taken on Saurek's servers. Futzing around with DFU and recovery modes to try and get around errors 1600, 1602, 1604, etc. deactivated the phone.
    Last edited by csown42; 2010-06-27 at 09:04 PM.

did you edit the hosts file on your computer... other than that if you dont have your blobs on the server I am sure you are SOL until 4.0 on your bootrom is done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Don't mean to hijack this thread from OP, but we seem to be in the same boat, and it might help him/her to add my experiences.

Yes, edited hosts to add line "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com". Using sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 to build custom 4 ipsw. Also tried moving all .ipsw from iPhone Software Updates folder as suggested on some sites for 16xx errors.
    Last edited by csown42; 2010-06-27 at 10:12 PM.