Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH modification

Default SHSH modification
    Hey guys i have rather complicated problem, i have a 3gs with old boot rom that i had jailbroken with blackra1n when it was 3.1.2, and shsh was backed up on cydia server (i am sure of this since i was able to go back to 3.1.2 when i accidentally upgraded to 3.1.3), while on 3.1.2 i installed a program that fakes ur fw version to be 3.1.3. Ever since that cydia been showing that it only had 3.1.3 on file for my device, but in fact its 3.1.2 shsh which is incorrectly named. So now (by stupidity) i am on 3.1.3 again and i want to downgrade but itunes wont let me, since according to umbrella i only have 3.1.3 shsh on file on the cydia server, WHICH is infact 3.1.2 shsh. So the question is how can i modify it to be able to downgrade to 3.1.2?

Have similar problem.

iPhone 3gs
    Was on 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked.
    Had my SHSH in Cydia.

Than made an shsh file with AutoSHSH-3.1.3 and it saved SHSH in Cydia.

After that was only able to restore to 3.1.3.

1. Maybe Cydia has my 3.1.2 SHSH in some backup?
    2. That SHSH file taken by AutoSHSH-3.1.3 is actually 3.1.2 SHSH, how to convert it?

Is there some info on how SHSH file is created and if there any opportunity to convert 3.1.3 SHSH file (which is actually 3.1.2 SHSH) to 3.1.2 SHSH file?
    Last edited by madz__; 2010-06-28 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost