Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost carrier data when downgrading to 3.1.2 before JBing with Pwnagetool

Default Lost carrier data when downgrading to 3.1.2 before JBing with Pwnagetool
    Have a 3gs with 3.1.3 & spirit jailbreak
    Also had 3.1.2 stored with Cydia prior to spirit jailbreak
    so I used this guide: Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | OS X to downgrade to 3.1.2
    during this process I got a 1015 error but just ran blackra1n and restored my backup file.

However I now have no carrier signal so have not used pwnagetool yet to get a jailbroken iOS4.

how do i get my carrier signal back and end up with a jailbreak for iOS4? I assume its something to do with my baseband.

EDIT: it was the carrier settings, i went ahead and used pwnage tool to make a custom restore for iOS4 and restored with that. the phone was activated as normal after it restored. JBed iOS4. Cool.
    Last edited by stevehm; 2010-06-26 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevehm View Post
    Have a 3gs with 3.1.3 & spirit jailbreak
    Also had 3.1.2 stored with Cydia prior to spirit jailbreak
    so I used this guide: Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | OS X to downgrade to 3.1.2
    during this process I got a 1015 error but just ran blackra1n and restored my backup file.

However I now have no carrier signal so have not used pwnagetool yet to get a jailbroken iOS4.

how do i get my carrier signal back and end up with a jailbreak for iOS4? I assume its something to do with my baseband.

EDIT: it was the carrier settings, i went ahead and used pwnage tool to make a custom restore for iOS4 and restored with that. the phone was activated as normal after it restored. JBed iOS4. Cool.
    Yup, install Ultrasn0w to unlock, iOS 4.0 is cool but Cydia apps do not work very well...

I only really have PDAnet installed for sharing iphone wifi connection with MacBook (& mobile terminal for changing root pw). Only reason for me JBing. And already have carrier unlock.

See what you mean. Mobile terminal won't stay open. I think PDAnet works ok, though.
    Last edited by stevehm; 2010-06-27 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost