Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Jailbreaking/Unlocking my iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 5.13.04

Default HELP! Jailbreaking/Unlocking my iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 5.13.04
    So I was reading through many tutorials and I knew I had 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 SHSH saved on cydia. I accidently upgraded my iphone 3gs to the new 4ios, so my baseline was upgraded with it. I successfully downgraded my phone to 3.1.2 with a tethered jailbreak using blackra1n (even though the tutorial says to use redsn0w which did not work for me).

I was wondering if it is possible to unlock my phone. I tried using ultrasn0w to unlock it through cydia, but since my phone is tethered, it just shuts off and goes to restore mode. I also tried upgrading my firmware to a custom 4.0ios and that failed miserably, since I keep getting a 1604 error (and i read the tutorial on how to fix it but it didn't work).

So please help, I really need my phone back and its stuck on 3.1.2 with no unlock. I am pretty sure its possible but I can't figure a way to it. I have both 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 saved. I have a T-mobile simcard, and I have access to a at&t simcard as well. HELP!!!!!!

How can i untether jailbreak it+ unlock it?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kyrice View Post
    So I was reading through many tutorials and I knew I had 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 SHSH saved on cydia. I accidently upgraded my iphone 3gs to the new 4ios, so my baseline was upgraded with it. I successfully downgraded my phone to 3.1.2 with a tethered jailbreak using blackra1n (even though the tutorial says to use redsn0w which did not work for me).

I was wondering if it is possible to unlock my phone. I tried using ultrasn0w to unlock it through cydia, but since my phone is tethered, it just shuts off and goes to restore mode. I also tried upgrading my firmware to a custom 4.0ios and that failed miserably, since I keep getting a 1604 error (and i read the tutorial on how to fix it but it didn't work).

So please help, I really need my phone back and its stuck on 3.1.2 with no unlock. I am pretty sure its possible but I can't figure a way to it. I have both 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 saved. I have a T-mobile simcard, and I have access to a at&t simcard as well. HELP!!!!!!

How can i untether jailbreak it+ unlock it?
    After successful downgrade to 3.1.2, put in your official sim card to activate, then run spirit jailbreak and unlock with Ultrasn0w. This is how you can get untethered jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    After successful downgrade to 3.1.2, put in your official sim card to activate, then run spirit jailbreak and unlock with Ultrasn0w. This is how you can get untethered jailbreak.
    eveytime i run spirit jailbreak with the official simcard in it, the jailbreak says successful and my phone says "iphone restore complete" then goes to the refresh wheel and restarts. But when it restarts, it is back on the itunes restore screen. I'm guessing its because my iphone is tethered before. is there a way around this?