Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: Downgrade 3gs from iOS 4.0 to iOS 3.1.2(3)

Default Help: Downgrade 3gs from iOS 4.0 to iOS 3.1.2(3)
    I decided to upgrade my iPhone to iOS 4 the other day and ever since I've seen horrible service and slowdowns on the phone. Can I restore the phone back to iOS 3.1.3? i have both .ipsw files on my computer but when I put the phone into DFU mode to restore with the file it goes to verify and gives error 3194. I don't know what that can mean other than Apple doesn't sign for that iOS anymore so i cannot restore with it??? please help!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone priezti's Avatar
    Thanks

did you back up you shsh blobs on 3.1.3 or lower?

Quote Originally Posted by TastelessRed View Post
    I decided to upgrade my iPhone to iOS 4 the other day and ever since I've seen horrible service and slowdowns on the phone. Can I restore the phone back to iOS 3.1.3? i have both .ipsw files on my computer but when I put the phone into DFU mode to restore with the file it goes to verify and gives error 3194. I don't know what that can mean other than Apple doesn't sign for that iOS anymore so i cannot restore with it??? please help!!
    I was wondering about this, myself. I find that I have no real advantage in having iOS4, I don't like iBooks on the phone, and am continuing to use Stanza, and of course its not jailbroken so I can't have MyWi.

The thing is, prior to the upgrade, I tried to restore with 3.1.3 (that is, I was already on 3.1.3, with a Spirit JB) so I would have a "clean" phone to upgrade with, and Apple already wouldnt allow a restore with that so I am thinking its not only the firmware but also the version of iTunes one is using.

I'm going to downgrade my iTunes and then look for (havent looked yet) for someone's solution to a downgrade. I'm a wee bit fearful that downgrading isnt really possible for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by priezti View Post
    did you back up you shsh blobs on 3.1.3 or lower?
    Im in the same boat, and my answer to this question is no, I have no bakced up shsh blobs. Is there no other way?

Quote Originally Posted by Yosagi View Post
    Im in the same boat, and my answer to this question is no, I have no bakced up shsh blobs. Is there no other way?
    Nope, I don't think so. And, further to my research in forums, I've realised that until there's a jailbreak for iOS4 I'm screwed with the new baseband. I have blobs going back to 3.0 but I don't have the old baseband. Oh well.

I'm in the same boat too.

Thanks

No other way, it's the blobs or no downgrade.

I have a 3gs and did record blobs on Cydia. I made changes to "hosts" file but...it would not let me save it?????

I used Pawage yeterday but did it wrong...ended up with the Apple 4.0 :-/

Have been trying everything to get back so I could have Cydia back even if I lost the unlock...HELP!!!!

I had 3.1.2 and am using a mac

Blaine

Where did you find the "hosts" file? I'm also on a Mac and have no idea where it lurks.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredBilly View Post
    Where did you find the "hosts" file? I'm also on a Mac and have no idea where it lurks.
    Use Finder: the menu bar, Go then Go To Folder and it will give you a text entry box, put in /etc/ and then scroll til you find hosts (and theres no extension on it).

You need a proper text editor like Smultron or Text Wrangler to be able to save it PROPERLY as text and without the extension. Do not use the default TextEdit.app that comes with the OS, if it saves, it will screw up the file, otherwise it might not save at all.

Thanks

on a mac if you edit the host file but save it to a different location, when saving make sure than it does not save it with a txt extension, there is a tick box when you save it, then just move the one in etc to a backup location and copy over the one you changed

what is "shsh blobs on 3.1.3 or lower" cuz i'm in the same boat as well?

sorry about the dumb question!

i downgrade 3gs form itunes updated ios4 to oficial 3.1.3 and finished with error 1015????? what to do next

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredBilly View Post

How to edit the hosts file in Mac OS X – Leopard Decoding the Web

When it says "$ sudo nano /private/etc/hosts" omit the $

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
    Nope, I don't think so. And, further to my research in forums, I've realised that until there's a jailbreak for iOS4 I'm screwed with the new baseband. I have blobs going back to 3.0 but I don't have the old baseband. Oh well.
    why do you care about baseband anymore? unltrasn0w 0.93

Quote Originally Posted by serbian_agent View Post
    i downgrade 3gs form itunes updated ios4 to oficial 3.1.3 and finished with error 1015????? what to do next
    follow this guide to fix that issue: http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html
    Last edited by bondkt; 2010-06-27 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default How I downgraded from 4.0 to 3.1.3
    Hey Guys,

I thought I'd share my experience on how I downgraded successfully from 4.0 to 3.1.3 on my 3GS.

Since Apple won't verify the 3.1.3 Restore anymore, you have to point it to Sauriks server he set up in Cydia to trick it.

Go to Terminal

Type: sudo -s then hit enter

Type your password - no characters will show - hit enter

Type: sudo pico /etc/hosts then hit enter

Then move the cursor all the way down till there is a space between the last line of text and type:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Then hit ctrl + x to save

Then exit Terminal

Go back to iTunes and restore to your 3.1.3 IPSW and it should go through.

After it restores you will get the 1015 error, Dont Panic just hit ok.

Download Blackra1n - open it - hit make it rain - then it will force boot your iPhone on 3.1.3.

Hope this helps

but to jailbreak after that, i got back my iphone 3gs from 4 to 3.1.3 baseband 5.13.04 HOW TO JAILBREAK i dont have AT&T or T-Mobile or Orange sim card???????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Still Can't Downgrade...
    So I have my SHSH saved and the HOST file updated but I still can't get my iPhone downgraded to 3.1.3. I have iOS 4 and when I go into DFU mode to downgrade and select the Restore Firmware, I get the error "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An Unknown error occurred (3194)". I'm not getting the 1015 message and therefor cannot downgrade to 3.1.3. I'm following everything else to the "T" and have my SHSH Blob saved and everything.

Any suggestions?!

After downgrading to 3.1.2, my phone has no service, and itunes will not let me restore from backup, says software is too old. I have all my ecids on cydia, anyone know why I would not have service, and why itunes wont let me restore from backup?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serbian_agent View Post
    other option is when you get the error unplug your iphone, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in, close itunes and download and run blackra1n, it obviously wont jb it but it will kick it out of recovery mode, then just turn your iphone off and back on again, sorted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast