Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading WITHOUT Cydia blobs???

Thanks

Yes, when you upgraded your phone to 4.0.2 it wiped out the jailbreak. The downgrade to 4.0.1 that you just did put the phone back to a firmware that can be jailbroken.

Thank you.

Ok, so what are my options now. I have a 3gs running old boot room. Its 4.0.1. I cannot activate with Itunes because I do not have a u.s sim card and phone is currently stuck on emergency call screen.

according to f0recast (which I only read about and downloaded moments ago), my phone cannot be unlocked or tethered....
    Last edited by j_ire; 2010-08-16 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can purchase an AT&T sim over the internet or try this:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...-sim-card.html

great thanks. Ok, so once I have a phone book sim and reacvivate with itunes, i use jailbreakme.com and then I'm (fingers crossed) done.

Thanks

Yup, that should be it.

ok, thanks for everything! Think Ill just go a shop in the city tomorrow seeing as I'm going to be paying money to order the phonecard anyway.

OK! So two days later and I got my hands on an At&T sim and I now ran jailbreakme.com successfully and have cydia on my phone.

My sim is still not getting signal. What do I need to do next? Also the phone is asking if I want to update carrier settings, should I do this?

Help appreciated as always, I'm almost there!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Just go into cydia and search for ultrasn0w. Install that, reboot and you should be unlocked.

Thank you sir!

Its my first time ever using cydia and its asking what kind of user I am. Which should I select?

Also, what about the carrier settings update?

Thanks

Just select developer when cydia asks. As for the carrier update, that is usually just data/mms settings for your carrier, shouldnt hurt the phone in any way.

Phone working now. Thanks so much to everyone that helped me, really appreciate it.

Been getting into apps (first iphone so its a novelty). Lots I want.. Is ********** worth using or is it risky?

Im guessing the fact that the word (-i-n-s-t-a-l-l.....) was censored says it all...
    Last edited by j_ire; 2010-08-18 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yes stay away from "the app that shall not be name"

Haha, thought so.

But is it like downloading music, or is it a little more serious than that?

Thanks

In this community definitely more serious.

ummm.... u dont have to dwngrade if u want the jailbreak for 4.0 or 4.0.1 maybe... u can try jailbreakme.com ..... it might work ... almost all idevices will work i think.. so u can try...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snobaakp1 View Post
    ummm.... u dont have to dwngrade if u want the jailbreak for 4.0 or 4.0.1 maybe... u can try jailbreakme.com ..... it might work ... almost all idevices will work i think.. so u can try...
    He was on 4.0.2 which jailbreakme.com does NOT work on, so he did have to downgrade. He then used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak again. Did you read the thread?

oooopeesssss .... sorry bout that... i have a question... is it possible to downgrade to 2.x.x then upgrade again????

Quote Originally Posted by Yosagi View Post
    So like many users I have "bricked" my 3GS phone with iOS 4.0. By bricked I mean unable to jailbreak. The phone works in 4.0 but I cant do anything but place emergency calls. I have been trying to downgrade to ANY version and iTunes always fails with error code 3194. Apparently I need to have some SHSH "blobs" or whatever it is uploaded to Cydia's servers. I never did this. So basically, am I screwed? Do I just have to wait for limra1n to come out and hope it solves all my problems?

edit: I have a friend on ATT, would it be possible for me to use his SIM so I can login and download a jailbreak that way?
    Cydia atomaticly saves shsh blobs whenever you open cydia so you should be good. You messed up on one thing though: you need to download tiny umbrella and start it's tss server(there is a big button that says start tss server) That should work for you. And if the connect to itunes screen comes on on your iphone, hold the power button for 2 secs and then hold the home button(without releasing pwr button) for 10 or a little more secs and it will be fine and you will have downgraded sucecfully!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345