Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak OTB 3GS Old Boot Rom 3.1.3 For Upgrade to Custom 4.0

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Br0k3R View Post
    i've updated my jailbroken iPhone 3GS with old iboot (i got 3.1.2 untethered) to official iOS 4.0. Now i've downgraded it back to 3.1.2 using saurik server and after error 1015 i've used blackra1n so i'm hacktivated and i have cydia now. I've added repo iWOOWIZ Repo and i've installed Spirit2Pwn. Then i've tryied restoring custom iOS 4.0 image and i keep getting error 1600 while restoring and i have to restore it back to 3.1.2.

Any solution?

My iPhone is factory unlocked so i don't care about bb version.
    You do not need Spirit2Pwn on the oldbootrom and also you are able to downgrade to 3.1.2. When you hit the error 1015 by using (irecovery, quickpwn or ireb or rslite) you have to error out 1015 first and booted to Emergency first, only then you can apply Blackra1n to jailbreak.
    Then once you are jailbroken at 3.1.2, restore to a Custom Firmware of iOS 4.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

quechingasese (2010-07-10)

yeow has helped me A LOT tonight! Everyone should click his name and thank him, just because of the fact he put up with my inexperience (see: nub) and saved you guys from my idiocy.

edit:

on that note, i didn't save shsh to saurik ... any advice on what i can do if anything?

3gs with old bootrom but i think i am ecid shsh locked
    Last edited by quechingasese; 2010-07-10 at 08:28 AM. Reason: nub

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12