Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't UnBrick My iPhone

Default Can't UnBrick My iPhone
    PLEASE HELP!
    I got a new iphone4 today, so I'm trying to get my previous iPhone 3GS 16GB ready to sell. It is version 3.1.3, and it is Jailbroken (with Spirit). I jailbroke it about 24hrs ago. Well today, I tried to delete settings and content under "settings" menu, but the phone just hung on the apple logo and the wheel under it. It would restart every few minutes. I tried to restart it into restore mode, actually the DFU mode and started itunes. I tried to restore it from itunes, but it said "this device is ineligible for this build". I even held down the shift button while pressing restore to select the 3.1.3 build. Same error. After researching threads on this board, I changed my "hosts" file to the Cydia server, because last night, while on Cydia, I pressed the button "Make My Life Easier". I pointed the URL to Cydia, closed itunes, and tried it again, but I got the same error. I'm at a stand still, I don't know what to do. I'll never jailbreak my phone again. Please Help Me. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djdvine View Post
    PLEASE HELP!
    I got a new iphone4 today, so I'm trying to get my previous iPhone 3GS 16GB ready to sell. It is version 3.1.3, and it is Jailbroken (with Spirit). I jailbroke it about 24hrs ago. Well today, I tried to delete settings and content under "settings" menu, but the phone just hung on the apple logo and the wheel under it. It would restart every few minutes. I tried to restart it into restore mode, actually the DFU mode and started itunes. I tried to restore it from itunes, but it said "this device is ineligible for this build". I even held down the shift button while pressing restore to select the 3.1.3 build. Same error. After researching threads on this board, I changed my "hosts" file to the Cydia server, because last night, while on Cydia, I pressed the button "Make My Life Easier". I pointed the URL to Cydia, closed itunes, and tried it again, but I got the same error. I'm at a stand still, I don't know what to do. I'll never jailbreak my phone again. Please Help Me. Thanks.
    You don't have both 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 shsh file saved with Cydia.
    I am sorry to tell you that you cannot jailbreak nor unlock your 3GS but only to restore to iOS 4.0 now

Default If I Have To...
    Well, I'll gladly go to the 4.0 op system, but I can't even get it that far. I try to hit the "restore" button, but it keeps telling me the device is not eligible...very frustrating. Please help.
    Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

step 1. download iOS 4.0 and itunes 9.2

step 2. after download completes, put phone in dfu mode

step 3. hold the SHIFT button on your keyboard and click restore in itunes (after iphone is detected in dfu mode)

step 4. select the 4.0 firmware and install it.

step 5. let the waiting game begin for a 4.0 jailbreak.

and you can't use the 'erase all content on phone' button for jailbroken phone (except for custom firmwares). if you do the endless boot with happen etc etc (as you are having happen).

Jailbreaking is a great thing, and you should always try to do it=P
    Last edited by bondkt; 2010-06-24 at 09:30 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bondkt For This Useful Post:

djdvine (2010-06-24)

U need to upgrade iTunes to install ios4

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DJM AutoWerkz For This Useful Post:

djdvine (2010-06-24)

Default Not So Frustrating Anymore
    Well, thank you everybody for the advice. I downloaded the 4.0 software and was able to restore my phone. I jailbroke it in the first place cause my friend wanted to buy this phone from me and use tmobile on it. I just got my iPhone 4 today, so I was all about it. Now though, I have to wait til there's a hack available, so I can give my phone to him to use tmobile. Any word on when that will be?
    Other question: If I give him this phone (3GS) and he decides to use AT&T, do I just leave my sim card in it? Or will AT&T send him a new sim card?
    Again, thanks!

via twitter

"In Berlin where there are no Apple stores. USA in world cup! No plans for new jailbreak. Stop asking." -geohot

"@geohot yay!!! does this mean I get to release this time? :-P" -p0sixninja

"Awesome" - me