Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm an idiot, restore 3GS to 3.12

Default I'm an idiot, restore 3GS to 3.12
    I bought a JB 3.12 3GS recently. When I went to unlock with blacksn0w, it froze. I was going to restore this and accidently upgraded to iOS4.0. Not paying attention, I know, I'm an ID10T.

Now I have iOS4.0, but it wants to activate. I have a t-mo SIM, and an ATT Prepaid SIM. What I'm wondering is if anyone has an idea how to downgrade this back to 3.12 or 3.13. The guy I got it from did the JB, so I don't know if the SSH is on Cydia. Is there a way to tell?

Any other way to restore the image back to a lower version?

Or am I looking to ebay this one to an ATT customer?

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

run custom firmware activated 4.0 that should do it than take it from there pm me for link to custom if ur interested

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Please do not listen to the person above me who for whatever reason has been here 2 years and has no clue what they are doing.

The only way you will be able to do it is as described in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by way0utwest View Post
    I bought a JB 3.12 3GS recently. When I went to unlock with blacksn0w, it froze. I was going to restore this and accidently upgraded to iOS4.0. Not paying attention, I know, I'm an ID10T.

Now I have iOS4.0, but it wants to activate. I have a t-mo SIM, and an ATT Prepaid SIM. What I'm wondering is if anyone has an idea how to downgrade this back to 3.12 or 3.13. The guy I got it from did the JB, so I don't know if the SSH is on Cydia. Is there a way to tell?

Any other way to restore the image back to a lower version?

Or am I looking to ebay this one to an ATT customer?
    What you need to do now is to downgrade to 3.1.3 if you have 3.1.3 shsh file saved by Cydia. Point your hosts file to Cydia and you can restore back to 3.1.3, you will need irecovery to error out 1015, then jailbreak with Spirit jailbreak, remember you have to downgrade Itunes 9.2 to 9.1xx before running Spirit jailbreak and unlock with Ultrasn0w.
    Custom fw made from Pwnage tool will not work for you, you will not be able to jailbreak for your case.

One1, do you have a reason? Is delusion950 just looking to brick the phone? And which sticky? The one that mentions setting up the caching server?

yeow202, do I download a 3.13 firmware file before pointing to Cydia? Or just do a restore from iTunes 9.1x to get this?

Thanks

One1, do you have a reason? Is delusion950 just looking to brick the phone? And which sticky? The one that mentions setting up the caching server?

yeow202, do I download a 3.13 firmware file before pointing to Cydia? Or just do a restore from iTunes 9.1x to get this?
    Download 3.1.3 onto your PC
    Point your hosts file to Cydia
    Do a shift key + Restore ( Itunes) and browse to the downloaded 3.1.3 and restore to it.
    You will encounter 1015, you have to use tools like ireb or irecovery or quickpqn22 to get you out of this error. These tools are not for jailbreaking.
    Then run spirit jailbreak again. You have to downgrade your Itunes to < 9.2 before you run Spirit jailbreak
    Once done, you can unlock with Ultrasn0w again.

Ops , I just saw you have a 2G, the above mentioned are for 3GS
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-23 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks, I have a 3.13 upsw, and iTunes 9.1.1xx on a machine. I'll give that a try.

Thanks

Thanks, I have a 3.13 upsw, and iTunes 9.1.1xx on a machine. I'll give that a try.
    If you have a 2G, follow this guide
    How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Please do not listen to the person above me who for whatever reason has been here 2 years and has no clue what they are doing.

The only way you will be able to do it is as described in the sticky at the top of the forum.
    wtf r u talking bout brick his iphone. stfup he's already on 4.0 runnin 4.0 on 4.0 will bring ur iphone?? wow ur genius did ur brick ur iphone by running custom 3.1.2 on official 3.1.2? if u did must feel stupid.

brick*

the worst that can happen you'll get error saying it's not possible to restore. so how am i bricking his iphone? (Edited)
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-06-24 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost - Please do not insult others

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

way0utwest if you need more help post a reply here (after reading the guide and trying some of it)

if you need more help download teamveiw (from the guide) and ill help you =p

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    wtf r u talking bout brick his iphone. stfup he's already on 4.0 runnin 4.0 on 4.0 will bring ur iphone?? wow ur genius did ur brick ur iphone by running custom 3.1.2 on official 3.1.2? if u did must feel stupid.

brick*

the worst that can happen you'll get error saying it's not possible to restore. so how am i bricking his iphone? (edited)
    Wow you don't even know who you are responding to that was like 3 different peoples posts you combined into one. If you are going to give bad information you should probably just BE QUIET so people can be helped with proper info.

He says:

I bought a JB 3.12 3GS recently
    Then

accidently upgraded to iOS4.0.
    A non jailbroken 3GS on official 4.0 CANNOT LOAD PWNED FIRMWARE OR BE JAILBROKEN with ANY 4.0 firmware all in any way. The sticky tutorial on how to downgrade the go back up is the only way and even then it must be a 3GS with the old bootrom.

This is why I don't help newbs half the time because idiots like you get in the way and they have no idea who to listen to since they are new. They don't know you're incapable and I'm giving them the correct info. SO like I said if you are incapable of responding to someone coherently, much less doing it with correct info, shut up and stay put while people who know what they are doing help.
    Last edited by one1; 2010-06-24 at 04:13 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Some peoples children. I find it comical that with ALL of the jailbreak info on this site alone that people still give wrong advice.

Thanks

Quote'Some peoples children. I find it comical that with ALL of the jailbreak info on this site alone that people still give wrong advice

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    wow you don't even know who you are responding to that was like 3 different peoples posts you combined into one. If you are going to give bad information you should probably just be quiet so people can be helped with proper info.

He says:

Then

a non jailbroken 3gs on official 4.0 cannot load pwned firmware or be jailbroken with any 4.0 firmware all in any way. The sticky tutorial on how to downgrade the go back up is the only way and even then it must be a 3gs with the old bootrom.

This is why i don't help newbs half the time because idiots like you get in the way and they have no idea who to listen to since they are new. They don't know you're incapable and i'm giving them the correct info. So like i said if you are incapable of responding to someone coherently, much less doing it with correct info, shut up and stay put while people who know what they are doing help.
    mod edit, inappropriate language deleted
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2010-06-24 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I am not sure if you have the new bootrom or old bootrom, the first five 5 digits of serial number of your Iphone
    If the 3rd number is 9 represents year 2009
    if the 3 rd number is 0 represents year 2010
    Now the last two digits is crucial, if the last two is <40, then you have the oldbootrom

If you have the old bootrom, and you don't know if you are able to downgrade to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, after editing your hosts file.
    Do a restore to 3.1.2, if it doesn't say not eligible, then you can go ahead and restore to 3.1.2 > jailbreak with Blackra1n.
    Once jailbroken, you can use Pwnage 4.0 to create a custom 4.0 for restore to iOS 4.0

If you can't restore to 3.1.2, meaning you don't have 3.1.2 shsh on file with Cydia, then you have to restore to 3.1.3. Once restored , you can you Spirit jailbreak and unlock with Ultrasn0w, but you cannot create a cfw from pwnage 4.0 and restore eventhough if you have the old bootrom, reason being Spirit jailbreak is not compatible with Custom Firmware whcih also means you cannot jailbreak iOS 4.0 at this present moment. Hope this will clear things up for you
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-24 at 05:59 AM.

I'd like to restore to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 for now. Right now I'm stuck in that iTunes 9.1 doesn't want to restore because it's a iOS4 device, says it's the wrong version. iTunes 9.1 says it can't contact the Apple License server.

I have pointed gs.apple.com to 74.208.10.249