Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE

Hmm. Didn't ever get that one. Restart iTunes and try again.

I'm using the newest iTunes version, could that be the problem?

Nope. You have to use 9.2 in order to work with iOS 4.0. Did you completely restore to 3.1.2 and successfully jailbreak?

I keep getting Error (2) as well. Hmm.

During the restore I even briefly get the Sn0wbreeze logo on my iPhone screen, which got me all excited.
    Last edited by greatkingbowser; 2010-06-25 at 02:47 AM.

Yes, I successfully jailbroke with blackra1n.

I am sorry if I missed it somewhere, but I have read, and read, and read and can't find outhow I can retrieve my shsh from cydia. I JB my phone with Spirit. Registered my shsh on cydia under 3.1.3. When using the procedures listed at the beginning and I get into my restore holding the shift it looks to my harddrive for the shsh file.

Please help.

"I keep getting Error (2) as well. Hmm.

During the restore I even briefly get the Sn0wbreeze logo on my iPhone screen, which got me all excited."

Same scenario here! First attempt I did not see the logo and got error (2) but tried creating another .ipsw and briefly got the logo on that one. Had my hopes up that it was going to push through but then failed with error (2) once again. I have run through every suggestion on these boards but come back to that same error every time.
    Last edited by turbois300; 2010-06-25 at 04:11 AM.

The shsh stuff is only relevant to downgrading. Basically Apple wont let you install an old firmware. Saurik gets around this by tricking iTunes, but you have to have backed up your iPhone signature, which means you were already jailbroken [How To] Downgrade iOS 4 to iPhone OS 3.1.x |

If you're already on 3.1.2 then don't worry about it.

@Munchzors. If you're on 3.1.2 and jail broken, download snowbreeze and a 4.0 ipsw file. Put iphone in restore, plug it in, and hold shift and click restore in iTunes, Nav to the modified fw and restore. I don't know why, but it took me a few tries to get all the way through without an error.

Thanks

finally i was able to get my os downgraded from 4.0 to 3.1.2 again since i was already on jailbroken phone before. however when i jailbroke it, since then i am not having 3g/edge connection or AT&T service...I tried installing bossprefs but no use...Can soomeone tell me how to do it and how will I get the service back?

Quote Originally Posted by greatkingbowser View Post
    I keep getting Error (2) as well. Hmm.

During the restore I even briefly get the Sn0wbreeze logo on my iPhone screen, which got me all excited.
    That happened to me too once. Try again. I know, it's easy to get excited early.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion79 View Post
    finally i was able to get my os downgraded from 4.0 to 3.1.2 again since i was already on jailbroken phone before. however when i jailbroke it, since then i am not having 3g/edge connection or AT&T service...I tried installing bossprefs but no use...Can soomeone tell me how to do it and how will I get the service back?
    I'm not positive, but I think I remember seeing that as a common issue. You should still be able to upgrade to the pwned 4.0 fw. Then restore from a backup and you'll get your activation and settings and stuff back
    Last edited by StepsAscend; 2010-06-25 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So i just pwned my 3gs to 4.0 but I hate the new OS and I want to go back to my old jailbroken 3.1.3. Is that possible? and if so, how do I go about doung that?

you'll need to find a 3.1.3 ipsw file. And hopefully you backed up your SHSH to sauriks server. Otherwise, you're stuck.

So on my cydia it says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3".

Also, are you saying I need to find an original 3.1.3 ipsw file? and if i do, can i just use pwnage to cook me up a jailbroken version of 3.1.3 and restore it from there?

What did you hate about OS4?

its just too slow for me i guess... and most of my cydia apps arent working with it. my springboard keeps crashing, i've been on safe mode for the past few hours.

Was this a custom version of OS4 or the iTunes version? I'm surprised to hear it's so slow

it's a custom version. i used pwnage 4.0.1 or something. should i re-restore to the custom OS4?

I had springboard crash repeatedly from the IconSupport package, which Winterboard installs. It's not yet iOS4 ready i guess. Uninstall it while in safe mode. So far I think iOS4 is a bit snappier.

EDIT:Winterboard doesn't install IconSupport. I got it when I installed Five-column Springboard.
    Last edited by StepsAscend; 2010-06-25 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Correction

IT WORKED!!! I had a 3GS, old boot-ROM (took a while to find out which) that on 3.1.2 I JB'd w/ BlackRa1n, then had to later upgrade to 3.1.3 (due to crash) to 3.1.3 and re-JB'd w/ Spirit, and recently (2 days ago) wanted to see what 4 would be like (i.e. once JB'd how much would I really need to still do to it)... 4 was great, but I missed MyWi too much (and can't stand paying at&t for more data services (tethering) that I still don't get enough out of...

I downloaded the 3.1.2 IPSW, repointed itunes, and restored it twice over. I then got the 1015 error, and found a good article on how to use QuickPwn to kick it back to life (on W7 x64), then was able to re-JB w/ BlackRa1n. Now I'm on 3.1.2 again, and ready to Sn0wBreeze my way back to 4.

Thanks ALL for the info!!!!!

Winterboard doesnt install IconSupport, apps like five-column springboard and FivelRows do though... Which arent currently supported for iOS4, winterboard is...

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast