Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE

Default etc/host
    can't find this on my macbook (etc/host).
    Is there a way to make sure that I backed up my blobs on Cydia? Im pretty sure I did, but before I start the process I'd like to make sure. Thanks, mb

I do all the different tutorials, TSS-Server works without error, but iTunes show always the 3194 Error. What goes wrong ??

Quote Originally Posted by camino View Post
    I do all the different tutorials, TSS-Server works without error, but iTunes show always the 3194 Error. What goes wrong ??
    At what point are you getting the error and what iOS were you jailbroken on previously?

Look for my 10 step process in this thread (a few days back).

Hi bro, pls explain how to hack hosts file?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidIanWarren View Post
    At what point are you getting the error and what iOS were you jailbroken on previously?

Look for my 10 step process in this thread (a few days back).
    The point is: preparing iPhon for restore - the iOS was 3.1.2 jb with spirit

Quote Originally Posted by heartykand View Post
    On a PC, find/search for the following file;
    CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts

Add this line to the end of the file (with Notepad);
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

If Mac, unsure as I use a PC...

Quote Originally Posted by camino View Post
    The point is: preparing iPhon for restore - the iOS was 3.1.2 jb with spirit
    So, you're getting this error trying to get back to 3.1.2 JB, or you're live and running on 3.1.2 JB?

If already back on 3.1.2 JB, then you'd be using Sn0wBreeze or other to cook up and restore an alternate iOS4.

If trying to get back to 3.1.2 JB (assumed you've done an iOS install since) then you're stuck in a loop. This is where I used QuickPwn (on my Windows 7 x64 PC) to stop the looping/error. Others have used RecBoot on the Mac side of things...

Once out of that look, I was able to re-JB with Blackra1n.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by DavidIanWarren; 2010-07-16 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidIanWarren For This Useful Post:

camino (2010-07-17)

Sorry bro
    I have been struggling past 10 days to come back to 3.1.3 from ios 4.0
    Today I tried the way u told hack host files but I got 3194 error.
    Plssssss help me....
    How to downgrade/Jb ?
    Ur help very much appreciated....

Mr David
    I saw ur ten step previous post
    I am in the same situation only difference mine was 3GS with 3.1.3 spirit jailbroken. Now I am in upgreded ios 4.0.1
    How can I get shsh on the file from shaurick's server
    I tried by hack host file but there was error 3194 during restore 3.1.3
    Pls advice
    Thanks a lot in adv
    Last edited by heartykand; 2010-07-17 at 03:14 AM.

Can you point me to a post or thread for someone new to jail breaking/unlocking? I have a 3GS and installed 4.0 to get used to iOS4 while waiting for a new iPhone4 (which arrived today) but would like to unlock my old phone to use outside the US when traveling to Mexico & Peru (assuming their SIM cards fit). I've heard of Cydia on Today in iPhone/iPad/iOS blog, but never jail broken before, so I'm sure the files mentioned above are not available to me on Cydia. Is there anything I can do or did I screw up the chance to have an unlocked phone as described above? Corollary question: Should I wait to activate my new iPhone 4 until the 3GS is unlocked if this is even possible?
    Thanks in advance for any advice or help!
    randyrrt

Hi,
    Open terminal>vi(or nano) /etc/hosts>if using vi them press the letter "i" >add the required info>press escape>shift+zz to save & quit vi, viola you're done.

PB

Sorry bro
    I have been struggling past 10 days to come back to 3.1.3 from ios 4.0
    Today I tried the way u told hack host files but I got 3194 error.
    Plssssss help me....
    How to downgrade/Jb ?
    Ur help very much appreciated....

Mr David
    I saw ur ten step previous post
    I am in the same situation only difference mine was 3GS with 3.1.3 spirit jailbroken. Now I am in upgreded ios 4.0.1
    How can I get shsh on the file from shaurick's server
    I tried by hack host file but there was error 3194 during restore 3.1.3
    Pls advice
    Thanks a lot in adv
    So you were jail broken on 3.1.3 with Spirit, not 3.1.2 with Blackra1n.
    Mostnofnthe posts i have read talk about being stuck if you only had used Spirit on 3.1.3.
    This could be your problem.

Do you have SHSH blobs on file with Saurik for 3.1.2?
    If so and you're hung on restore, the use QuickPwn (pc) or RecBoot (Mac).

If you don't have 3.1.2 SHSH blobs with Saurik your probably out of luck for now.

Keep an eye on a possible new Spirit update.

Quote Originally Posted by randyrrt View Post
    Can you point me to a post or thread for someone new to jail breaking/unlocking? I have a 3GS and installed 4.0 to get used to iOS4 while waiting for a new iPhone4 (which arrived today) but would like to unlock my old phone to use outside the US when traveling to Mexico & Peru (assuming their SIM cards fit). I've heard of Cydia on Today in iPhone/iPad/iOS blog, but never jail broken before, so I'm sure the files mentioned above are not available to me on Cydia. Is there anything I can do or did I screw up the chance to have an unlocked phone as described above? Corollary question: Should I wait to activate my new iPhone 4 until the 3GS is unlocked if this is even possible?
    Thanks in advance for any advice or help!
    randyrrt
    Unfortunately your out of luck until a new jailbreak exploit is found. Currently you would have had to have jailbroken your 3GS while still on 3.1.2 and had shsh blobs on file with Saurik. Keep an eye out for a new jailbreak for iOS 4.

Sorry.
    Last edited by DavidIanWarren; 2010-07-17 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks David
    I retrieved shsh from saurik's server using firmware umbrella and saved on my pc
    So pls use which to downgrade and Jb ?

Thanks David
    I retrieved shsh from saurik's server using firmware umbrella and saved on my pc
    So pls advice use which to downgrade and Jb ?
    Last edited by heartykand; 2010-07-18 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is Apple even signing 4.0 anymore?

Nope theyre on 4.0.1 now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 3g on new 4.0
    I want to jailbreak my phone...3GS..just upgraded....it has never been jailbroken. I also downloaded umbrella to save my shsh bobs..yet will it be saved on a 4.0 firmware..b/c it was never saved before. I'm basically looking at downgrading to 3.1.2...then jailbreaking. Can offer some help on jaibreaking my 3gs 4.0 phone..that has never been jailbroken before. thank you.

I am trying to open HOST with notepad as admin but when i put the entry at the last line and try to save it, it saves as TEXT.

Please advice.

I dont have CYDIA in my iphone nor installer.. how can I HOSt it to Cydia?
    Last edited by sameer1977; 2010-07-20 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Make sure file attributes for hosts is not set to read only.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS jailbreak
    hello,

I got your reply but if you have any suggestions, please let me know. I have a 3GS..never been jailbroken...it's updated to 4.0....ive read there's no way at this point....

thank you..

raha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone have news about new JB for OS 4.0 ? I reed in Comex tweeter it´s near to apper... anyone have other news ???
    Rgds from Brasil ...

one1 - Thank you SO MUCH! I upgraded to iOS4 using sn0wbreeze 1.6 and had SO MANY problems - couldn't reply to emails (mail app crashed when I tried), apps crashed, even got the dreaded screeching cricket every time a system sound played! Using your methods, here, I'm now on iOS4 - again, with no apparent problems! Now if I could only get back the data that sn0wbreeze somehow deleted!

hopefully they release the fix for 4.0 phone which was never jailbroken soon
    Last edited by pesater; 2010-07-21 at 09:24 AM.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast