Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE

Unhappy iPhone 3Gs without SHSH blobs! Please Help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    No matter what Firmware you are on, even 4.0 official, just go to the MMI downloads section and get

3.1.2 Firmware ModMyi Forums - Downloads - iPhone 3GS 3.1.2

Blackra1n RC3 ModMyi Forums - Downloads - blackra1n RC3

Point your hosts file to the Cydia Server where your 3.1.2 SHSH blobs are stored.

Restore to 3.1.2 EVEN IF you are on 4.0 official.

Run Blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2.

Now you are jailbroken again, simply upgrade to a Pwned 4.0 FW.

I JUST DID IT, it works PERFECTLY. I was on unpwned 4.0 official from where I upgraded last night
    So what if I have an iPhone 3Gs running iOS4 and has never been jailbroken. Has never had cydia on it so I dont have SHSH blobs anywhere... Is there still a way to downgrade to 3.1.2?? Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by isai.fearon View Post
    So what if I have an iPhone 3Gs running iOS4 and has never been jailbroken. Has never had cydia on it so I dont have SHSH blobs anywhere... Is there still a way to downgrade to 3.1.2?? Please help!
    Unfortunatly you cannot.. i have tried the samething and you can't.. i have been researching and trying all sorts of methods. I suggest you keep your fingers crossed and hope the new jailbreak will be out soon. I my self am also waiting for the jailbreak for the iphone 3GS official 4.0 firmware because i just bought a new 3GS...

Do any of you know if i take a 3G running 3.1.2 and save the shsh blobs and then use those to downgrade my iphone 3gs? will it work? any thoughts?
    Here are the devices i have.. maybe some of you could help me out?
    -iphone 3G 3.0 firmware JB/unlocked
    -iphone 3G 3.1.2 firmware jb/unlocked
    -iphone 3G 4.0 firmware jb/unlocked
    -IPHONE 3GS 4.0 FIRMWARE -NEEDS TO BE JAILBROKEN-
    Last edited by inyuke; 2010-07-13 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Failure is not an option - iNyuke Dont be afraid to press the Thanks button! >>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by DavidIanWarren View Post
    Unless you were previously jailbroken on 3.1.2 with old bootroom, you're out of luck.

Keep an eye out at the link below for your best future option.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ming-soon.html

At what point are you getting the error(s)?

Hopefully this info helps-
    I was actually on a 3GS w/ iOS 4, but had previously jailbroken while on 3.1.2 (old bootrom) with Blackra1n (THIS IS CRITICAL FOR ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD).

#1: I first modified my host file to Saurik Server (as I had previously jailbroken my 3GS on 3.1.2, Saurik had my SHSH on file (THIS IS CRITICAL FOR ALL OTHERS READING THIS THREAD).
    #2: I then downloaded an Apple original 3.1.2 IPSW.
    #3: I then used iTunes 9.2 (which I already had installed on my Windows 7 x64 PC).
    #4: I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to Apple original 3.1.2 IPSW).
    #5: The phone hung on restore which then caused me to do additional research on how to get out of the loop (which then took me to QuickPwn).
    #6: Using QuickPwn 2.2.5.1 while phone was hung and iTunes was running, let the phone back out of the loop (for some reason, a newer QuickPwn would just lock up on my PC, but 2.2.5.1 worked, though my AV package complained about it).
    #6: Once out of the loop, I was back on 3.1.2, without my jailbreak.
    #7: I then used Blackra1n to re-jailbreak my 3.1.2 old bootrom 3GS (due to running this all on a Windows 7 x64 PC, I had to actually put Blackra1n in "C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAppleApple Application Support" in order to fix a fail on run).
    #8: I then used Sn0wbreeze to cook up an Apple original iOS 4 IPSW (simple process, run it, point it to the Apple original iOS4 file you downloaded).
    #9: Once done, I put the phone into restore mode (hold restart and home for 30 seconds, then letup on restart, but keep holding home while connecting it to USB and iTunes, then when iTunes sees phone in restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW).
    #10: The phone hung on restore which apparently is somewhat expected, so I left it connected, and put it right back into restore mode, did SHIFT/restore and pointed to the Sn0wbreeze modified iOS4 IPSW again, and it completed!

I'm now on a 3GS w/ old bootrom, and running a jailbroken iOS 4.
    Hopefully this works for you too.

Again, hopefully this info helps.
    I ended up doing 3-4 hours of research, to then feel comfortable with the process, which then took another 1-2 hours (between downloads, retries, and restores). Hopefully this information will speed up your process (though you still have to do the downloads...).

I probably can't upload a cooked iOS 4 but may be able to help.
    What model iPhone are you running, what bootrom, and what process have you done so far?

hey bro... i am with you till QuickPwn 2.2.5.1...

My Q.. where did u download QuickPwn 2.2.5.1...

Also, my phone does not go into any loop.

It simply gives the error 3194...

This sucks!!! does this mean i will have to wait for a jailbreak that is available for iOS 4.0?? please help!!!
    Last edited by joe.on008; 2010-07-13 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

one1: THANK YOU!!!! I missed my j/b so much, but I really like iOS4. Thanks to you I now have both! Wooo-hoooo!

Thanks sooooooo much! Especially to One1 for the Recboot link and Cody Overcash for the 3.1.2 link (even though I ended up having to use 3.1.3)
    The point is I got my JB back. Last week I screwed around and upgraded the phone trying to do the 4.0 update and I've been stuck with a regular boring iPhone since.
    I followed all your instructions tonight and now my baby is back to normal! I can stop drink Jack Daniels and listening to Blues music now! LOL

Hi everyone, I'm new here, apologies for my first post being a question!

Basically I've read the whole thread but I'm stuck, here's what Ive done:

1. Gave my brother my jailbroken 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS and he stupidly updated it to official iOS4 after I told him not to...

2. Put phone in recovery mode and edited host file (I have blobs saved with Saurik for 3.1.2).

3. Restored to official 3.1.2

4. Jailbreak with Blackra1n

5. Need to unlock the phone, tried Yellowsn0w, installs but sim still doesn't work (T-Mobile).

6. I thought I'd try restoring to a pwned unlocked iOS4 IPSW but iTunes gives me error 1600 immediately after extraction.

7. I'm totally stuck please help!

Quote Originally Posted by breakneck01 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here, apologies for my first post being a question!

Basically I've read the whole thread but I'm stuck, here's what Ive done:

1. Gave my brother my jailbroken 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS and he stupidly updated it to official iOS4 after I told him not to...

2. Put phone in recovery mode and edited host file (I have blobs saved with Saurik for 3.1.2).

3. Restored to official 3.1.2

4. Jailbreak with Blackra1n

5. Need to unlock the phone, tried Yellowsn0w, installs but sim still doesn't work (T-Mobile).

6. I thought I'd try restoring to a pwned unlocked iOS4 IPSW but iTunes gives me error 1600 immediately after extraction.

7. I'm totally stuck please help!
    EDIT: OK I'm a ****, used ultrasn0w and unlocked on 3.1.2... Still, I haven't managed to update to iOS4 :S
    Last edited by breakneck01; 2010-07-14 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

wath i need to do to get my iphone back to 3.1.3

Default wont work with new bootrom?
    So basically none of this will work with my new iphone 3gs running 4.0 new bootrom? I had my old 3gs jailbroken running the software update of 4.0, now I can't figure this one out. If I still "trick" it by pointing to the shsh blobs, downgrading to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak, then upgrade again, will it work? OR Is all hope lost with my new bootrom iphone?

hi
    i have upgraded my iphone to 4.0
    now i want to downgrade to 3.1...
    i hav'nt save shsh file
    how to downgrade and jb ?
    pls advice

Quote Originally Posted by heartykand View Post
    hi
    i have upgraded my iphone to 4.0
    now i want to downgrade to 3.1...
    i hav'nt save shsh file
    how to downgrade and jb ?
    pls advice
    No saved blob, no downgrade, no jailbreak.

I don't like how the folders work on the 4.0 update.
    Will my phone be okay if I just keep it at 3.1.2?

Edit: I'm really confused on all the vocabulary you guys are using...
    Blob? SHSH? I'm really new to this...
    Last edited by F4LL3N; 2010-07-15 at 06:03 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by F4LL3N View Post
    I don't like how the folders work on the 4.0 update.
    Will my phone be okay if I just keep it at 3.1.2?

Edit: I'm really confused on all the vocabulary you guys are using...
    Blob? SHSH? I'm really new to this...
    Are you still at 3.1.2 or have updated to 4.0 ? Are you jailbroken before ? Do you have shsh blogs on file with Cydia ?

If you are still at 3.1.2, you can stay at 3.1.2, most apps can still work on 3.1.2, only newer apps that are meant for 4.0 will not work on OS 3.1.2.

hi ive got an iphone 3gs running official ios 4 and it's never been jailbreaked,05.13.04 baseband. is there anyway to unlock/jailbreak such as downgrading it?

please need your help!!ANYONE?

Quote Originally Posted by henweey View Post
    hi ive got an iphone 3gs running official ios 4 and it's never been jailbreaked,05.13.04 baseband. is there anyway to unlock/jailbreak such as downgrading it?

please need your help!!ANYONE?
    Answer 1- You should at least spend some time looking through this forum thread. This question has been answered MANY TIMES, over and over...

Answer 2- No. Not at this point in time. Keep an eye out for a POSSIBLE update to Spirit jailbreak. It may be your only hope...

Hi
    Thanks for ur reply
    I have an another question
    This may wrong also pls bare
    Can I use my friend's shsh blob file previously he saved. ( still he never upgrade to 4.0) Because both of us version and model same

Quote Originally Posted by henweey View Post
    ok sorry
    NP.

Quote Originally Posted by heartykand View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for ur reply
    I have an another question
    This may wrong also pls bare
    Can I use my friend's shsh blob file previously he saved. ( still he never upgrade to 4.0) Because both of us version and model same
    You're still out of luck. SHSH blobs are per phone (tied to the particular device). But, you could club your friend over the head and swap phones with him
    Last edited by DavidIanWarren; 2010-07-15 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidIanWarren For This Useful Post:

heartykand (2010-07-15)

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Are you still at 3.1.2 or have updated to 4.0 ? Are you jailbroken before ? Do you have shsh blogs on file with Cydia ?

If you are still at 3.1.2, you can stay at 3.1.2, most apps can still work on 3.1.2, only newer apps that are meant for 4.0 will not work on OS 3.1.2.
    I just got my iPhone about a week ago, but had a 1st gen touch that was 3.1.2 jailbroken.
    The iPhone came stock with the 4.0 update

Quote Originally Posted by F4LL3N View Post
    I just got my iPhone about a week ago, but had a 1st gen touch that was 3.1.2 jailbroken.
    The iPhone came stock with the 4.0 update
    Yeah i have the samething, i got a new iphone 3gs with stock os4.0.
    Im just waiting for the jailbreak to be out -.-
    Failure is not an option - iNyuke Dont be afraid to press the Thanks button! >>>>>>>>>>

Default Slow performance after firmware downgrade?
    I *finally* was able to downgrade my 3GS to 3.1.3. I downloaded the firmware from this site, hacked my hosts file and was able to restore to 3.1.3. I got the error at the end of the restore process but ran Spirit and was able to jailbreak.

The phone works ok now but I've noticed general performance of the phone is like 50% slower than it was on 3.1.3 before I'd ever upgraded to 4.0. Anyone else seen that?

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast