Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade or restore existing 3.1.3 without updatin to 4.0

Default Downgrade or restore existing 3.1.3 without updatin to 4.0
    I have an iphone 3gs running on 3.1.3 spirit jailbreak with 3.1.3 shsh in cydia. I hv some problems with my device yest after accidentally re-jailbroken my device on an existing jailbroken spirit device with cydia packages installed. all my packages in cydia are gone but e icons are still there and still usable, e.g ibluenova, winterboard, sbsettings etc. i reinstalled all the packages back and suddenly my device got all messed up:

1. memory in itunes showing, 4.94gb in "others". (tried deleting "RYP" but still no changes) my calendars are empty and i hv already deleted my mail, call log, messages.

2. itunes memory shows 10mb on photos but all photos in device library gone but still exists in ifile (var/mobile/media/DCIM/100APPLE/.MISC)

3. apt.modmyi.com cachecd failure in cydia

4. cydia error: prepare archives

I want to restore without updating to os 4.0. my device is currently still on 3.1.3. can i restore to 3.1.3 on existing 3.1.3 firmware? or do i need to do anything to erase the 4.94gb in "others". how about the photos and where is the existing cydia packages in ifile as the package is not installed in cydia but is still usable.

sorry for e lengthy post. just want to clarify everything. please help me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

did cydia hash your 3.1.3 fw?
    Last edited by bondkt; 2010-06-22 at 09:58 PM.

Yes. My cydia has a 3.1.3 fw

Thanks

So cydia has hashed your 3.1.3? If so you can restore to 3.1.3

Yup... Thanks so much..

Thanks

yup have fun=p

Im kinda in the same boat my phone went black and got stuck on the apple logo screen I am trying to restore back to 3.1.3 but I get stuck on verifying update with apple any ideas ?

Thanks

make sure 3.1.3 is hashed and that your host file directs to sauriks server?

My situation is very similiar to the original posters. Cydia has hased my 3.1.3 settings it says. I need to restore back to factory settings, but want to avoid the Emergency Call Screen, as i am a a tmobile user. I need to bring into Apple for service. Can someone provide instructions on how to restore to 3.1.3 as I am seeing instructions on if Cydia hashes on 3.1.2 and how to restore. Is it the same process, except I need to download 3.1.3 custom firmware? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rickdog99 View Post
    My situation is very similiar to the original posters. Cydia has hased my 3.1.3 settings it says. I need to restore back to factory settings, but want to avoid the Emergency Call Screen, as i am a a tmobile user. I need to bring into Apple for service. Can someone provide instructions on how to restore to 3.1.3 as I am seeing instructions on if Cydia hashes on 3.1.2 and how to restore. Is it the same process, except I need to download 3.1.3 custom firmware? Thanks.
    Er i really don't get what you just said?

your only what FW now? and what FW do you want to end up on and what do you want to avoid and why?

I have a 3gs 3.1.3 with 05.12.01 Bootroom, jailbroken with Spirit and unlocked with Ultrasnow 0.93. I just bought the phone used off Craigslist and it is powering off by itself while in Sleep Mode sometimes. It was doing this before the Jailbreak and Unlock as well and it has been restored and is still doing this. What is the best way to restore this to factory settings so I can bring to the apple store so they can replace or repair? I want to restore to 3.1.3 and not have the screen come up where you need to put in AT&T sim card, as I am a T Mobile user. I hope this clarifies my post! Also, my cydia says "This device has SHSHs on file for Iphone OS 3.1.3" if that helps in the restore process. Any suggestions?

Thanks

have any friends with ATT sim cards? id say point your host file at sauriks server, restore to 3.1.3 (but apple may force you to go to 4.0..) and barrow a mates sim card and activate it.

if you have no friends and your a loner (like half the people in these forums ) go to a best buy or staples or something, pay someone 10$, plug your phone into a comp install itunes and activate it.

good luck=p