Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs Restore from Spirit Problem

Default 3Gs Restore from Spirit Problem
    I used Spirit to jailbreak my 3Gs running 3.13 firmware. Just today I tried to restore the phone so I could upgrade to IOS4. I used the iTunes version 9.1x to restore and after trying to load the restore firmware I received an error message that pointed me to a apple site that recommended updating iTunes to latest (9.2). Did that, plugged in phone iTunes downloaded iOS4 tried to install and gave error 1611.

iTunes says phone is in recovery mode (phone has USB symbol and iTunes symbol on screen)

Would very much appreciate if someone could direct me as to what to do to restore phone to stock Apple firmware. I did try search but to be honest just found things that confused me.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRKPL View Post
    I used Spirit to jailbreak my 3Gs running 3.13 firmware. Just today I tried to restore the phone so I could upgrade to IOS4. I used the iTunes version 9.1x to restore and after trying to load the restore firmware I received an error message that pointed me to a apple site that recommended updating iTunes to latest (9.2). Did that, plugged in phone iTunes downloaded iOS4 tried to install and gave error 1611.

iTunes says phone is in recovery mode (phone has USB symbol and iTunes symbol on screen)

Would very much appreciate if someone could direct me as to what to do to restore phone to stock Apple firmware. I did try search but to be honest just found things that confused me.

Thanks
    I suggest you wait till they patch itunes 9.2 to work with Spirit, even if you can restore to iOS4 which requires Itunes 9.2, you won't be able to jailbreak with Spirit ( you will end up in infinite loop )