Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Ultimate Downgrade Tutorial

Default Stock 3GS 4.3.3 05.15.04
    HI, anyone knows finally how can i unlock the 3gs 4.3.3 baseband 05.15.04 or any way to downgrade??

thanks a lot!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dltchm View Post
    HI, anyone knows finally how can i unlock the 3gs 4.3.3 baseband 05.15.04 or any way to downgrade??

thanks a lot!!!
    Nope, only with the iPad baseband.

Can I UNLOCK my 3GS 4.2.1 baseband 05.15.04 NEW bootrom by downgrading to 3.1.3? Also, GPS will work? Thanks a bunch.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

no

Quote Originally Posted by bondkt View Post
    no
    Clearify please?

Thanks

sorry, sleepy. that bb can't be unlocked. even if you downgrade it will NEVER be able to downgrade the baseband. if you need unlock, only option is to go to ipad bb 6.15 and loose GPS probably or use grevy(or whatever it's called) sim unlock.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bondkt For This Useful Post:

tikz (2011-06-11)

The 4.2.1 has been in your list for a year. lOl

I did search for Grevy before, haven't seen any for my 3GS. Any suggestion? Thanks again.

Thanks

yeah but downgrading has never and will never be able to downgrade your baseband. downgrading is supported if you have the shsh files for that fw, but it won't ever do your baseband (apple won't allow it).

Hi hope someone can help a frustrated iphone user!

Both me and my OH have an iphone that we had unlocked when we moved to Spain so we could use them on our new network

Of course we forgot this fact and as per the 'norm' agreed to update them when prompted by itunes - subsequently we got them both screwed up.

As I understand it we need to downgrade the software and I have read a lot of the instructions. Where I am stuck so far is that the firmware download always downloads as a zip file - on one of the websites it just says change the end to .ipsw but when I right click and add this extension it doesn't change it from a zip file - anyone help me out here?

And please, if you have any advice feel free - I have no idea about this stuff - just want to get our phones to work again!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Download the firmware file with firefox.
    It's not possible with IE? I don't want to keep installing new bits if I can help it but if it's the only way....

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You can always change the extensions the right way if you dont want to install firefox: Show or hide file name extensions

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789