Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Ultimate Downgrade Tutorial

Good evening, I tried the shift restore and upload the firmware, but once I got into the firmware folder, the browser window showed no folders in the firmware folder. As a matter of fact, it showed no files in any folder, but when I went to the folder via the my computer, programs so on and so forth the information was there. It's like it does not recognize the anything if I try going to restore via the itunes. Please advice, thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

The firmware file should not be a folder. It should have a .ipsw extension and be a white cube like icon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

agreed. reinstall itunes and make sure its a ispw and not a zip or anything.

Default let's start from the beginning
    Okay, I need to find out what downgrade firmware I need in order to downgrade my iphone. I have a 3g (16g) for sure but I am not sure what firmware it currently has since I can't get in to it.

Thanks

if you have a 3g and not 3gs then just go to 4.2.1 and jb via redsn0w

the phone was jb and that is what made the phone lock itself. I need to restore to back to factory in order to jb again the right way. Peson that jb'd it did it wrong and the phone locked up. So, I believe the only way to unlock it, is to downgrade from original firmware and start over again. I need to know what would be the original firmware to find out what to download from previous threads on this post. The other problem I have run into is that when I download the firmware downgrade it does not show the ispw file.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJBOBBY31 View Post
    the phone was jb and that is what made the phone lock itself. I need to restore to back to factory in order to jb again the right way. Peson that jb'd it did it wrong and the phone locked up. So, I believe the only way to unlock it, is to downgrade from original firmware and start over again. I need to know what would be the original firmware to find out what to download from previous threads on this post. The other problem I have run into is that when I download the firmware downgrade it does not show the ispw file.
    Download the firmware that you can unlock (if you need to unlock). DO NOT use safari to download the firmware. use firefox and save the firmware to your desktop (Safari puts it elsewhere, i think).

then restore.

thank u so much for this tut!!! i was on 4.2.1 jb with redsnow on 3G! this helped me a lot! so basicly we need: itunes 9, custom ipsw, quickpwn and the follow the steps carefully! ) thnx again! btw 4.2.1 on a 3G sucks!!

what firmware do I download to unlock? I don't know what firmware was used to jb it. Another thing is that I am using IE to download. So do I still download the firmware to the desktop?

Default iPhone 3G 4.2.1 stuck in recovery
    My phone is stuck in recovery mode and I have followed your steps. I have not been successful. Was wondering if you would be available to teamview with me to see if you could point me in the right direction.

i cant do it :/ can you do it for me on task manager please would be so greatful i have been trying for ages

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky34 View Post
    Hi,
    you don't say HOW you got stuck in DFU mode, normally a hard-reboot (power+home buttons pressed until the apple appears) does the work.

In case it happened while Spirit-jailbreak, stay unplugged.
    Be patient for a couple of hours - in the worst case - and retry hard-rebooting from time to time.
    It will reboot when done, it's just a slowdown, not a loop.

Look here : iPhone & iTouch Jailbreak / Unlock Matrix | jailbreakmatrix.com
    i can't do it :/ could you do it for me please using task manager? would be so greatful!
    Last edited by Crossyboy; 2011-03-17 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

bondk: thanks for your posts. I have a problem I hope you can help me with: I have a 3G phone that I tried to unlock with ultrasnow, and the 6.1x baseband from ipad. it worked fine but I made the mistake of trying to delete all my data from the settings app on the phone. When it rebooted it was stuck at the apple screen. Now when I do the restore I get error 1015. I tried tiny umbrella, to kick out of recovery but no go. Then I tried your old qckpwn method. I did not have the foresight to save my ssh hash before messing around with this. when I do the old qckpwn method the qckpwn app dies on me and gives a windows error unexpectedly needs to close. Any thoughts or ideas on directions I can go.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lvinstyle View Post
    bondk: thanks for your posts. I have a problem I hope you can help me with: I have a 3G phone that I tried to unlock with ultrasnow, and the 6.1x baseband from ipad. it worked fine but I made the mistake of trying to delete all my data from the settings app on the phone. When it rebooted it was stuck at the apple screen. Now when I do the restore I get error 1015. I tried tiny umbrella, to kick out of recovery but no go. Then I tried your old qckpwn method. I did not have the foresight to save my ssh hash before messing around with this. when I do the old qckpwn method the qckpwn app dies on me and gives a windows error unexpectedly needs to close. Any thoughts or ideas on directions I can go.
    See the error 1015 link in my sig for help with that.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

lvinstyle (2011-03-23)

Any possibility of downgrading with a mac OSX Quikpwn is for PC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcxs View Post
    Any possibility of downgrading with a mac OSX Quikpwn is for PC
    only hope is tiny umbrella\bootcamp

You need to restore using a custom firmware. make one using sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool, have it hacktivate your FW.

use redsn0w\sn0wbreeze\pwnagetool to put yuor device into pwned DFU mode, program you use doesn't matter.

Restore to the custom FW.

Never ever reset all settings UNLESS you are NOT jailbroken \ are jailbroken with sn0wbreeze\pwngetool\custom FW. Otherwise you end up in the problem you had.

Quote Originally Posted by lvinstyle View Post
    Last edited by bondkt; 2011-03-24 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i just got the same problem had it jailbreak and i just tried to upgrade it to downgrade it then so i could use an untether jailbreak and now when i just try the error 1015 comes out... i tried recboot the apple comes out but in a few second it comes back to recovery mode.... im using mac what can i do help please!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Check post 154
    Try the fix I posted here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...d-read-10.html

Well, not my fix... but the guy from youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKkront2s_0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - How to: Fix ERROR 1015 iPhone 3G STUCK ITUNES-STEP BY STEP![/ame]

guys i tried the method bt i really cannot do it pls help guys pls guys...

Quote Originally Posted by bondkt View Post
    The easiest way is to use tiny umbrella, found at the link below. Only use this old guide if it does not work

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

DISCLAIMER: It is not my fault if your phone explodes or anything else happens to it. I didn't make quickpwn, that honor goes to the Dev-Team. All I am doing it showing you the easiest way to downgrade. Good Luck!

Need more help? check out the Q&A section at the end of the guide or follow me on Twitter!

Table of contents:

INTRO

Requirements
    INSTRUCTIONS
    USEFUL DOWNLOADS
    QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

INTRO

This is only for people that have there SHSH(s) hashed by Cydia.
    This works for firmwares 3.0.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1 and 4.2.1.

THIS DOES NOT DOWNGRADE YOUR BASEBAND, AND NOTHING WILL ATM.

NOTE: THERE ARE A FEW USEFUL Sections AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. Check them out!

Requirements

An iPhone 3GS\4 that you want to downgrade that is currently running 4.3, 4.2.1, 4.1, 4.0.1 4.0, 3.1.3, 3.1.2 or 3.0.1.

Windows XP or Vista or 7

The firmware you wish to downgrade to (download links in guide)

iTunes 9-9.2 (iTunes 10\10.x may work, but i have not tested)

Follow the instructions below (READ THEM BEFORE YOU DO THEM) and see if they solve your problem.

The Instructions

omg omg really simple here we go here we go:

0. Zero off, make sure you are trying to get back to 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1.2, or 3.1.3. You can be at 4.0 trying to go back to 3.1.3, 3.1.2 to 3.0 or whatever. Just make sure the desired firmware you want to go back to is hashed via Cydia.

1. First off, your going to want to download the firmware you want to restore to. All of the firmwares can be downloaded from HERE While it downloads, READ THE REST OF THE TUTORIAL BEFORE GOING ON.

2. Plug in your iDevice. In iTunes, hold shift then click 'restore'. Locate the firmware you just downloaded and let the restore begin.

3. After a bit, you should get error 1015. If you get ANYTHING else, try the process again.

Close iTunes but Leave the iphone plugged in with connect to itunes screen showing.

2. Download this old quickpwn from EITHER website:

Medifire OR MegaUpload

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH SITE YOU CHOOSE, THEY BOTH HAVE THE QUICKPWN NEEDED.

(Thanks bigtony423 for the idea to add an extra link)

3. Extract Quickpwn (free extractor) BUT DO NOT RUN IT. This is where it can get a bit tricky, so pay attention.

Navigate to:

32-bit windows: C: \Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

64-bit windows: C: \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

You should no see a whole lot of files and folders...good! Now right click and create a new folder called 'bin' (yes no caps, just bin). Drag everything you see in the \Mobile Device Support folder into the bin folder. You should now only have a 'bin' folder in \Mobile Device Support folder. Good! This was done so quickpwn can work with the latest iTunes versions (9+).

4. Run quickpwn. After opening quickpwn, you get a box on your computer screen saying something like 'your phone needs to be powered on, please hold the home button and sleep\wake button for 15 seconds'. Just do what the box says says- EXACTLY. When you see the apple logo on your phone, close quickpwn.*

*****CLOSE QUICKPWN, IT IS NOT USED TO JAILBREAK.*****

5. Your phone should now boot normally.

6. This step is extremely important if you don't want to re-install iTunes! Remember that bin folder we made? yeah... iTunes wont work right until you undo what we did. So cut everything in the 'bin' folder you put in earlier, place everything back into the \Mobile Device Support folder (where the bin folder is). After everything is back, DELETE the empty bin folder**. Itunes is not happy until the 'bin' gone too! You should now have everything back in the \Mobile Device Support folder and there should be NO bin folder.

** You may need to open task manager [ctrl + alt + del] and end some/all Apple Processes to be able to delete the 'bin' folder. If you do end these processes, restart your computer after deleting the bin folder in order restart them (so your iphone will be able to sync with iTunes etc).

THANKS archaeoman!

7. You are now free to jailbreak.

(aim redsn0w at 3.0 FW after restoring to 3.0.1

3.1.2/3.1.3

Your set! huzzah!

USEFUL DOWNLOADS:

Free extracter (7-Zip): 7-Zip, an open source Windows utility for manipulating archives.

Iphone firmware downloads: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

Jailbreakers:

Redsn0w for 3.0/3.0.1

Spirit for 3.1.2/3.1.3

_

teamveiwer download, just in case you need some more help. PM me your numbers: windows download here --- Mac download here

Questions & Answers

Q: I still can't do it. Can you help me more?

A: yes I can! I can teamveiw (windows download here) (Mac download here) you (allows me to see your computer), and get get things going on the right track for you. The software is 100% safe, and you could stop me at anytime. We would also have an instant messaging box going at the same time. If you tried the above and it failed you, PM ME your numbers (DO NOT POST THEM)
    _

Q: Does quickpwn work for a mac?

A: No. If your trying to get back to 3.0 restore to 3.0 then use Blackra1n. If your restoring back to 3.1.2\3.1.3, try Spirit.
    _

Q: I can't open quickpwn, wtf?

A: use a extractor to extract it, then try opening it.

Make sure you followed step 3 (then step 6 once your phone boots)
    _

Q: quickpwn gives me a 'firmware corrupt' message?

A: You are trying to jailbreak with quickpwn, and that can't be done anymore. After your phone boots normally, you should close quickpwn, then use one of the jailbreak methods listed in step 7.

Questions, comments, complaints?

post 'em.

kyle (bondkt)
    i cannot do it...wen i restart my phn again it shows dat connet itunes on screen..pls help guys...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast