Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Ultimate Downgrade Tutorial

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pathudgins View Post
    I've downloaded QuickPwn from 2 locations, neither work. They generate a Microsoft error: QuickPwn has encountered an error and needs to close. ..."
    ok so you should create the bin folder like in the tutorial, that way you don't get this error.

Default my iPhone 3gs JB solution???
    Hi BondKT,

I got my iPhone some 2 weeks back, then it was working on IOS 4.0(i don't know whethere this phone was previously JB or not, i don't have SHSH blobs of this phone), whenever i use to start it use to show me the startup screen and diffrent menu icons like about, settings, etc.

after receiving my Iphone i connected it to itunes to sync and by mistake it got updated and thats when problem started. Now whenever i start my phone it takes me to emergency screen and says no SIM and itunes says the same. I tried downgrading it to 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 but it gives error, and i am not able to JB my iPhone. Is there anyway you can help me on this.

My iphone has new bootroom MC model and i think upgraded baseband.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Benjamin

The Ultimate Downgrade Tutorial
    can you do this with stock 4.0 MB model 3gs never jailbroken before?

A quick question. I have an Iphone 3G 8GB and I used to have os 4 + jailbreak but yesterday I downgraded to 3.1.3. Now when I start Cydia it says that the SHSH is for os 4. Is it supposed to say that? Or have I done something wrong?
    Last edited by DonGrif; 2010-07-24 at 12:58 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, it is supposed to say that

3.xx software on a 3G doesn't need signature saved, it starts from v. 4.0 on.
    LiveClock Shiny Apple Theme, including LiveClock Dark - hmm, candlelight... - is on Cydia
    . . . . . . . (On iPhone 4 you'll have to put both out of their "Themes"-folder. Sorry for that)

Default QuickPwn Crashes
    Quote Originally Posted by bondkt View Post
    ok so you should create the bin folder like in the tutorial, that way you don't get this error.
    The bin folder etc was done. The QuickPwn crash seems to be related to the timing of starting the app and putting the phone into DFU mode. After making sure the phone was off and the putting the phone into DFU mode immediately after, the app did not crash.

Default iphone is now itouch
    I have an iphone 3g. I was using 4.0.1, jailbroken. (ios 4 made it completely useless cuz it was incredibly slow) Thankfully I was able to downgrade back to 3.0.1 thanks to the tutorial in this thread! (After pulling my hair out trying many unsuccessful methods). Only problem is now I have no carrier. Is this easy to fix?

Ok, apparently I got my phone functioning again by using ultrasn0w. Not sure if this was the proper way to do it, but it's working. Thanks again for the tutorial on downgrading, so nice to have a fast iphone again!
    Last edited by junyamint; 2010-07-25 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can u please help me I tried to unlock using ultrasn0w on 4.0.1 and it can't find the repository in cydia, I then tried downgrading but I'm not having any luck there either can u help me??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Go to Cydia Sources, click right top button, then left top button, enter repo666.ultrasn0w.com/
    if nobody did it for you as you had expected ^^ (which sounds unusual)

Hope this helps :-P

As for downgrading, read a tutorial or two, adapted to your firmware and device
    Last edited by Rocky34; 2010-08-09 at 12:16 AM.

Hello Guys!!!!
    i have an iPhone 3Gs with iOS 4.0.1 and the newest base band and the new bootrom but unactivated and i don't have the at&t SIM card... and when I try to Downgrade to 3.1.3 as in your orders is to restore and wait until it gives me the error 1015.. it gives me error 1604.. please what can i do???
    I'm in disparate need for help please guys

hi, i kept on getting a different error message no 3194 when i restore shift in itunes, done it a dozen times.. what seems to be the problem?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EqualNone View Post
    can you do this with stock 4.0 MB model 3gs never jailbroken before?
    no

Quote Originally Posted by teekboi1229 View Post
    hi, i kept on getting a different error message no 3194 when i restore shift in itunes, done it a dozen times.. what seems to be the problem?
    run tinytss from firmware umbrella, start itunes 9, 9.1, or 9.2) and then try restoring

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritStealer View Post
    Hello Guys!!!!
    i have an iPhone 3Gs with iOS 4.0.1 and the newest base band and the new bootrom but unactivated and i don't have the at&t SIM card... and when I try to Downgrade to 3.1.3 as in your orders is to restore and wait until it gives me the error 1015.. it gives me error 1604.. please what can i do???
    I'm in disparate need for help please guys
    error 1604 usually means your not hashed for that fw and apple is blocking it
    Last edited by bondkt; 2010-07-31 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bondkt For This Useful Post:

SpiritStealer (2010-07-31)

Does this work with my iPhone 3Gs on firmware 4.0.1 with 05.13.04 Modem firmware? I am looking to downgrade and JB then Unlock my locked phone.

Thanks,

Edit: This is an iPhone I just bought that was locked, fully restored and no SHSH Blobs.
    Last edited by Amplified; 2010-08-01 at 10:24 PM.

Default downgrading from 4.0.1 to 3.1.3 - problemas!
    alright, here are the vitals on the phone and software:

phone: 3G(s)
    currently running: 4.0.1(8A306)
    carrier: att
    model: MC135LL
    modem firmware: 05.13.04

up until yesterday, i was running 3.1.3 with a fully functioning spirit jb and my blobs are saved on saurik's site. when jailbreakme came out yesterday, i upgraded to 4.0.1, jb'd, and found that there were some issues so i restored to 4.0.1. now i can't download data over 3G or edge.

i'm looking to d/g back to 3.1.3, but i am having some problems when i am following the tutorial. i am always getting error 3194 instead of 1015. i attempted to redirect to saurik's server (not sure if i did that right), but i am feeling really stuck right now. i've read through the thread and i can't seem to figure where to go from where i am. should i run tinytss from firmware umbrella, or is there something else i should be doing?

i apologize for asking about something that i'm sure is in this thread, but any help would be appreciated very much.

thanks.

^ thank god i don't have a data plan!

i don't know why it worked this morning, but i am happily back to 3.1.3. thanks so much for the tutorial. great job!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Downgrade to jailbreak ? Just JailbreakMe !
    JailbreakMe is out !

No more downgrade needed, except preferring a previous firmware version ??

Here are the Dev Team News.
    As many of us came here for a jailbreak solution, it's not that much out of thread.

August 2nd, 2010

Dev-Team Blog - The return of jailbreakme.com!

Thanks to some serious work by @comex, you can now jailbreak your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad
    right from MobileSafari — no PC or Mac needed!

Just visit JailbreakMe on your device.

For those needing a carrier unlock, use the existing ultrasn0w in Cydia on your iPhone3G or iPhone3GS.
    After a short testing period, we’ll push out the iPhone4 version.

Note: The earlier MMS and Facetime issues have been fixed.
    If you already ran the version with those problems, launch Cydia and accept its offer to update.

This is to use straight from the iPhone
    and valid for most of devices and versions.

Please get informed before you
    "Slide to jailbreak"!
    iPhone & iTouch Jailbreak / Unlock Matrix | jailbreakmatrix.com

Edit :
    Read comments please...
    You choose !

supported :

• iPod 1G on 3.1.2
    • iPod 1G on 3.1.3
    • iPod 2G on 3.1.2
    • iPod 2G on 3.1.3
    • iPod 2G on 4.0
    • iPod 3G on 3.1.2
    • iPod 3G on 3.1.3
    • iPod 3G on 4.0
    • iPad on 3.2
    • iPad on 3.2.1
    • iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
    • iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
    • iPhone 3G on 4.0
    • iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
    • iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.2
    • iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.3
    • iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0
    • iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0.1
    • iPhone 4 on 4.0
    • iPhone 4 on 4.0.1
    Last edited by Rocky34; 2010-08-04 at 05:28 PM.

Talking Mac instructions
    Hi, thanks for your instructions, and thanks to your suggestion on using Spirit, I managed to downgrade my iPhone 3GS from 4.0.1 to 3.1.3 on my Mac.
    Note that I did have my thingy SHS blob for 3.1.3 saved on Cydia and that I performed a jailbreakme.com on my iOS4 before doing the following:

1. I followed the instructions here: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...e-ios-4-a.html and got the 1015 error.

2. I then came to this page and read through your instructions, and saw your comment about Spirit. My iPhone was in recovery mode. I quit iTunes. I used Recbootexit (Mac here, Windows also available) to kick it out of recovery mode.

3. I then quickly launched Spirit, and hey presto, I was able to jailbreak it and my lovely iPhone rebooted itself, Cydia took over and did whatever magic for it to wake up as 3.1.3 again!!

I've been trying to get back to 3.1.3 ever since I made the mistake of upgrading to iOS4, and am very happy about it! Hope this helps other Mac users out there.

alright guys please hear me out, been trying to unbrick my iphone 3gs currently in DFU mode. While downgrading I encountered the 1015 error and that led me here.

After creating the'bin' folder and moving all the other files/folders into it next step was to start quickpwn. This is where i'm stuck i followed the instructions by holding the buttons for 15 secs everything goes fine until i release my fingers BOOM quickpwn crashed. Any help would be grateful guys, been up all night trying to get this phone working.

edit: tried skipping the holding down buttons part was brought to the menu that asks you to Please connect via USB to continue. Did that and crashed too.
    Last edited by Charvy; 2010-08-08 at 03:53 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast