Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Little help please =)

Default Little help please =)
    So I used iFile to copy in a new installd file on my device and backed up the old one. I forgot to change permissions and now I'm stuck in a loop with apple screen coming up.

I can access device via usb in regular mode, DFU and recover mode, but I cannot SSH (phone doesnt connect to wifi).

Is there any way I can use iRecovery or another tool to rename that damn installd file back and remove the new one?

iPhone 3GS, 3.1.2 05.11.01

I'd like to shoot myself atm.

Phone does not have have OpenSSH installed on it.

Any advice is greatly welcome.

At this point I think I'm stuck with getting an ATT sim from a friend and doing the 3.1.3 alternative method. I dont have SHSH blobs for 3.1.2 for my device.

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You say that you CAN access the device via USB. If that's the case, you should be able to use a tool like iPhoneBrowser to make the necessary update.

Yea except some service is removed by blackra1n upon jailbreaking 3.1.2 so you cant access root file directory via USB unless you installed the service.

which I didnt..

LOL

I used last ditch effort, went well! I'm unlocked on 3.1.3 with 05.11 basebend/3GS w00t.

<3

****: I spoke too soon, installed Blackra1n repo from Cydia, did blacksnow unlock rc3 - OS now hangs. Restoring again but this time I'm going to use this blacksn0w version: http://msftguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/...0w-on-313.html

ONLY for testing. Supposed to not hang the OS

**** 2: OK, awesome. You can use blackra1n jailbreak from blackra1n.com to pass the activation if you dont have att sim card. Then just install cydia, add http://cydia.pushfix.info/ repo, and install blacksn0w RC2, put in tmo sim card (or any carrier), disable 3g and your good to go =)

If anyone needs help with this feel free to ask!
    Last edited by BoTGoD; 2010-06-17 at 06:32 PM.