Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I check my baseband when I'm in a recovery loop?

Default How do I check my baseband when I'm in a recovery loop?
    I have a blackrain jailbroken iphone 3gs (relying on carrier unlock), I bought it running 3.1.2 and haven't upgraded. It's just decided too go on a recovery loop and I have no SHSH on file. How can I check the baseband?

Also, is there any harm in restoring my phone to 3.1.3 just so that I have some functionality before next week when ios4 comes up with the new jailbreak (which i assume will cater for carrier unlock?)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

In all likelyhood there will be an unlock for 4.0 but you can never really know so you're better off waiting until there's official word.

If you have access to an official sim, you can use this method: Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team] to update to 3.1.3 without updating the baseband. You'll need to put in an official sim to activate it so you can jailbreak with Spirit, but afterwards you can unlock with blacksn0w RC2 found here: Pushfix 2.0 • View topic - Blacksn0w RC2 Final and use any carrier you want.

read this and i dont think there will be an unlock for the Iphone 4. Also they use the mini-sim cards and only ATT has it.

FiveFWD - iPhone 4: unlocked SIM-free versions on sale by The Gadget Show

Andy