Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS stuck in recovery mode

Default iPhone 3GS stuck in recovery mode
    my phone died while talkin to somebody and because the jailbreak is tethered i have to jailbreak and charge it to use it again. So i charged it and tried to jailbreak it with Blackra1n, and everytime i click make it rain i get the guy on my phone and after that it just turns off and when i turn it back on its in recovery mode again.
    does anybody know how i can fix this??
    thank you

Man I think we have the same problem but at least you see the apple logo on your screen. Mine is completely blacked out i cant even turn on/off my iphone..actually cant do anything to the phone right now. And this is what happened I tried to restore the firmware 3.1.2 and run the redsnow what I got is the completed black out screeen after the installation is done so not sure what happened. Now when I connected to the Itune it says i am in "recovery mode" even though my screen is black. I tried to google it but the only solution that i found is update to 3.1.3 which I dont want to do that because i have Tmobile. Oh wait and the other method that i found is the iRecovery but not sure how to do that. Anyway, if you or anyone comes up with the better idea please share. My phone is 3GS 16gb white with 3.1.2-5.11.07

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Hi, my problem is even worse.

I have 3GS 3.1.2(7D11) with new bootrom (week 47).

Mine had a tethered jailbreak with blackra1n. Due to some issues, i performed jailbreak with redsnow 0.9.3.

As my wifi was not working, i reset the network settings. As a result the phone rebooted and entered the recovery mode loop. I had the exact same situation as mentioned by stinson42 above.

Then i decided to try snowbreeze V1.2 for 3.1.2 firmware. After using snowbreeze, now my phone doesn't even enter the recovery mode loop. Instead it is stuck in DFU mode (blank screen).

I have iTunes ver 9.0. iTune detects it as a phone in restore mode. But I can't restore it using iTunes as I don't have my SHSH on file for 3.1.2. However, I do have the 3.1.3 SHSH on file but I don't want to upgrade to 3.1.3.

I even tried to restore a custom software using iTunes but I get error 160001 during the restore process. I searched the net for this problem and found out that iREB could be used to solve this problem on phones other than 3GS. Pitty! no iREB for 3GS new bootrom.

I searched the net and found a guide to generate an SHSH file from signed iBEC/iBSS files captured during restore process of iTunes. But i don't have these iBEC/iBSS files either.

However, I've found these two files (iBEC/iBSS) inside the stock firmware .ipsw archive. The file names are iBEC.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu and iBSS.n88ap.RELEASE.dfu. But plz remember, I extracted these files from within the stock firmware .ipsw file for 3.1.2(7D11) AND NOT DURING iTunese restore process. Can these be used to generate my .SHSH file? (NOTE: I have the ECID of my phone as well!)

Anybody has any ideas how to recover my phone? Desparately need any help.
    Last edited by mengniu; 2010-06-19 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Added info about iBEC/iBSS files

Quote Originally Posted by mengniu View Post
    Hi, my problem is even worse.

I have 3GS 3.1.2(7D11) with new bootrom.

Mine had a tethered jailbreak with blackra1n. Due to some issues, i performed jailbreak with redsnow 0.9.3.

As my wifi was not working, i reset the network settings. As a result the phone rebooted and entered the recovery mode loop. I had the exact same situation as mentioned by stinson42 above.

Then i decided to try snowbreeze V1.2 for 3.1.2 firmware. After using snowbreeze, now my phone doesn't even enter the recovery mode loop. Instead it is stuck in DFU mode (blank screen).
    iTune detects it as a phone in restore mode. But I can't restore it using iTunes as I don't have my SHSH on file for 3.1.2.

I searched the net and found a guide to generate an SHSH file from signed iBEC/iBSS files captured during restore process of iTunes. But i don't have these iBEC/iBSS files either.

However, I've found two files inside the stock firmware .ipsw archive. Can these be used to generate my .SHSH file?

Anybody has any ideas how to recover my phone? Desparately need any help.
    Thats exactly happened to my phone for 3 days straight I haven been trying everything and just yesterday I went to apple store and told them something wrong with my phone and they replaced my old phone with the brandnew one but cant use it because I have Tmobile and the new phone running 3.1.3/5.12.01..Im about to sell it and hopefull I can get the one can be unlocked.

Andy

how did u get them to give u a new phone? did u buy it there?

Quote Originally Posted by tatabox View Post
    how did u get them to give u a new phone? did u buy it there?
    You dont have to buy it there...as long as you still under warranty..they will replaced (in my case YES) not sure what happened to your. Get on apple.com and check your hardware series nunmber.

Andy